|Keylor Navas Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1986|
Keylor Navas is a Costa Rican professional footballer who has played as a goalkeeper for Nottingham Forest and the Costa Rica national team. Making his debut in 2008, he has played more than 90 times for Costa Rica and has represented the country at 2 CONCACAF Gold Cups and the 2014 and 2018 editions of the FIFA World Cup. Also, Navas was a member of the Costa Rica national team that reached the semi-finals of the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup, in which he was named best goalkeeper. Considered by many as one of the world’s best goalkeepers, the best in the history of CONCACAF, and one of the best in the history of Latin America, he has also won numerous individual accolades and was named CONCACAF Men’s Goalkeeper of the Year for three consecutive years between 2016 and 2018. The International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS) named him the best male CONCACAF Player of the Decade 2011-2020. He was signed by French club Paris Saint-Germain in 2019
Keylor Antonio Navas Gamboa
Pérez Zeledón, Costa Rica
- Father – Freddy Navas
- Mother – Sandra Gamboa
- Siblings – Kimberly Navas (Sister), Keilyn Navas (Sister)
Navas is signed with Goalkick Sportmanagement.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $13 Million.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Keylor Navas is married to Andrea Salas. The couple has one child son Mateo (b. April 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Black hair
- Shiny smile
In 2015, Navas signed an endorsement contract with Adidas.
He once said, “God for me comes first. Before every game I kneel, I open my arms and pray … My favourite passage of the Bible is Galatians 1:10 which says: “If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
Best Known For
His large set of skills as a goalkeeper, his dedication, and his passion for the game.
First Football Match
On November 6, 2005, Navas played his first official match for the team of Deportivo Saprissa against Asociación Deportiva Carmelita.
On May 13, 2012, Keylor debuted for the Spanish team Levante in a match against Athletic Bilbao.
Keylor appeared in a 5-1 win over Elche on September 23, 2014. That was his first official game as a player of Real Madrid.
Navas had his national team debut on October 11, 2008, in a 4-1 win over Suriname.
- Saving close and long-range shots
- Focus and concentration
- Penalty saving
He has no significant weaknesses in his game.
Keylor is one of the best goalkeepers of his generation. The Costa Rican international has made a name for himself while he played for the Spanish team Levante, where just in a season, he started attracting all the attention towards himself after his terrific goalkeeping parades in numerous matches in the Primera Division. His story took over the world very quickly, especially after he stated that he worked really hard to get to the level where he is today. While searching on YouTube, we ran into one video of 2014 in which Keylor is working on improving his goalkeeping skills. From our perspective, his training approach is complete, and it’s no wonder how he made it this far. For Keylor, hard work definitely paid off.
Check out the following video to see how Navas exercises and improves his palette of skills.
Keylor Navas Favorite Things
- Food – Pasta and rice pudding
- Movie – Armageddon (1998)
- Actor – Adam Sandler
- Bible Passage – Galatians 1:10
Source – Aldia.cr, Wikipedia
Keylor Navas Facts
- While playing for Deportivo Saprissa, he won 6 national titles.
- In July 2010, he moved to the Spanish team Albacete Balompie in the Segunda Division.
- During the 2011-2012 season, Navas was loaned to Levante for a year.
- He was the starting goalkeeper for Levante in the 2013-2014 season.
- In March 2014, Keylor was named La Liga Player of the Month.
- On August 3, 2014, Navas was transferred to Real Madrid after the Spanish club agreed to pay 10 million euros in the buyout clause.
- He was about to be exchanged with Manchester United’s goalkeeper David de Gea, but it didn’t happen because the Spanish transfer period was already over.
- He was in the U-17 Costa Rican team at the 2003 FIFA U-17 World Championship.
- At the 2014 World Cup, he was nominated for the Golden Glove Award. Eventually, the award was given to the German goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
- Navas gained Spanish citizenship on December 3, 2014.
- A documentary film titled Hombre de Fe (Man of Faith) was released on December 28, 2017, which was based on the life of Keylor.
- In January 2023, Keylor was signed by Nottingham Forest on loan for the remainder of the 2022-23 season.