|Marcus Butler Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1991|
Marcus Butler is an English model, former YouTuber, author, vlogger, and rapper who gained a huge fan base on social media. His YouTube channel reached over 4.1 million subscribers and he collaborated with a number of other social media stars such as Lilly Singh, Troye Sivan, Alfie Deyes, Jim Chapman, Tyler Oakley, Joe Sugg, Zoe Sugg, Connor Franta, Joey Graceffa, Caspar Lee, Louise Pentland, and Conor Maynard. In 2013, The Telegraph named Marcus Butler as one of “Britain’s most influential Tweeters”.
Marcus Lloyd Butler
Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, United Kingdom
West London, London, England, United Kingdom
Until the age of 16, Marcus did his schooling in Shoreham.
He went to 3 different schools. He was at Shoreham First School, Buckingham Middle School, and Shoreham College. Then, he went to Brighton College.
YouTuber, Author, Vlogger, Rapper, and Model
- Father – Richard D. L. Butler
- Mother – Susan E. (Mordecai)
- Siblings – Natasha Butler (Older Sister), Heidi Butler (Younger Sister)
Marcus Butler has been managed by Dom Smales of Gleam Futures (Digital Talent Management), London, England, United KIngdom.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marcus Butler has dated –
- Niomi Smart (2013-2015) – Marcus and British fashion and lifestyle blogger Niomi Smart dated for quite a while. They were childhood sweethearts. Niomi was also featured in Marcus’s earlier videos. They run a healthy snack delivery company called SourcedBox. The two broke up in 2015.
- Stefanie Giesinger (2016-Present) – Marcus and Germany-based model Stefanie Giesinger started dating in 2016. They met at the amfAR party at the French Riviera. She has been featured on Marcus’s several YouTube videos and Instagram holiday photos.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’.
- Dimpled smile
- Light stubble beard
- Marcus was the brand ambassador for L’Oréal Paris Prince’s Trust.
- He was featured in a KitKat and YouTube video.
Best Known For
- His comedy channels Marcus Butler and MoreMarcus. Marcus Butler which was earlier known as Marcus Butler TV was created in 2010 and has more than 4.5 million subscribers. While his 2nd channel has more than 2 million subscribers.
- His autobiographical and self-help book, Hello Life, which was published on July 28, 2015, in the UK and on November 10, 2015, in the US
- Being a part of the YouTube BoyBand group with other YouTubers to raise money and awareness for Comic Relief
As a Singer
He created a music video I’m Famous with pop star Conor Maynard in 2016, which peaked at number #15 on the iTunes chart and at number #85 on the UK Singles (OCC) chart.
First TV Show
In 2014, Marcus made his first TV show appearance on The Crew.
Marcus follows a fitness routine that involves following a proper diet and workout sessions at the gym. He admits that his transformation was not sudden and that in the first 6-12 months, he just ran and did bodyweight exercises while gathering more knowledge on nutrition.
Marcus initially worked with a personal trainer, who was his sister’s friend. He worked on weightlifting and incorporated that with calisthenics as a part of his workout routine. He never followed a strict diet. Marcus believes in eating clean but, also in enjoying life and staying happy.
Marcus Butler Favorite Things
- Type Of Food – Mexican
- Snack To Get In Cinema – Salted popcorn
- TV Show – Walking Dead
- Video Of His Own – Rap parody “I’m a Rapper”
- Football Club – Liverpool
Marcus Butler Facts
- He was named as one of “Britain’s Most Influential Tweeters” in 2013 by The Daily Telegraph.
- He is a very sensitive person and cries while watching movies.
- At the age of 16 or 17, he got his first official job in a cloth shop called Next.
- He used to play basketball at a high level on a youth team.
- Marcus has broken his bones several times – elbow 3 times; collarbone, finger, and thumb all at least once.
- He has a massive phobia of bees.
- At one point, he had 9 Guinness World Records.
- Marcus used to be good at gymnastics and was a County Gymnastics champion 3 times in Sussex.
- In 2016, Marcus launched a music management company called Stripped Bear Entertainment with Dom Smales of Gleam Futures.
- In 2016, Marcus participated in Celebrity MasterChef and was eliminated in the quarter-final.
- He has also done a radio show on Radio 1 with fellow YouTuber Alfie Deyes.
Featured Image by Princesskatietxox / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0