|Conor Maynard Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1992|
Conor Maynard is an English singer, songwriter, actor, and YouTuber who shot to fame in 2012 when he was nominated for MTV’s “Brand New for 2012” award. He won the award and his first studio album titled Contrast was released in July 2012. His discography also includes many tracks such as Can’t Say No, Vegas Girl, Talking About, Royalty, Turn Around (ft. Ne-Yo), Animal (ft. Wiley), Not Over You, R U Crazy, Crowded Room, Are You Sure? (with Kris Kross Amsterdam ft. Ty Dolla Sign), For the Night, Understand Me (with CMC$), Hate How Much I Love You, Hold on Tight (with R3hab), Waste Your Time, Nothing but You, You Broke Me First, Ain’t Got No Friends, Early in the Morning (with Kris Kross Amsterdam and Shaggy), What I Put You Through, and Believers (with Alan Walker).
Conor Paul Maynard
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Conor Maynard went to the Cardinal Newman Catholic School in Hove.
Singer, songwriter, actor, YouTuber
- Father – Gary Maynard (Builder)
- Mother – Helen Maynard (Office Worker)
- Siblings – Jack Maynard (Younger Brother) (Actor and YouTuber), Anna Maynard (Younger Sister)
- Others – Kenneth Maynard (Paternal Grandfather), Sheila Mulholland (Paternal Grandmother)
Conor Maynard has been represented by –
- Next Model Management – London
- Turn First Management (for music work)
Parlophone, EMI Music, Capitol Records
His net worth had been $6 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Conor Maynard has dated –
- Preeya Kalidas (2013) – At the start of 2013, Conor was rumored to be going out with actor and singer Preeya Kalidas. They were spotted leaving the Brit Awards in February 2013 together. They had reportedly been going out secretly for several months. However, Conor refuted these relationship rumors via a tweet and basically claimed that they were hanging out because they were close friends.
- Victoria Tansey (2013-2015) – Conor started officially dating a girl named Victoria Tansey in August 2013. They had reportedly met at a photoshoot. In a couple of interviews after making their relationship public, Conor had claimed that he felt Victoria was the one for him. However, their relationship barely lasted two years as in July 2015, he made a shocking announcement about their breakup. He claimed that it was a mutual decision as they had agreed that their relationship wasn’t the best thing for them.
Race / Ethnicity
Conor Maynard is of English and Irish descent.
- Bright blue eyes
- Broad forehead
Conor Maynard has leveraged his strong following across various social media platforms to bag generous fees for promoting products and brands through his online activity.
Best Known For
- His immense popularity across various social media platforms. He has over 6 million followers on his official YouTube account.
- The popularity of his debut single, Can’t Say No, which managed to make its debut on UK music charts in the second spot and sold over 70,000 copies in a week
In July 2012, he released his debut studio album, Contrast, which eventually went on to peak at the #1 spot on the UK album charts.
First TV Show
In 2006, he made his first TV show appearance in the War of the Roses episode of the sports drama series, Dream Team.
Conor Maynard Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Chick Flicks especially John Tucker Must Die and Beverly Hills 90210 (TV series)
- Fast Food Chain – Nando’s
- Food – Nando’s medium spice chicken wrap
- Animal – Lions
- Color – Red
- Sport – Soccer
- Ice Cream Flavor – Cherry
- Music Artists – Chris Brown, Michael Jackson, Ne-Yo, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Mario, Anth (Anthony Melo), and Jessie J
Conor Maynard Facts
- Due to his good looks and the fact that he was also discovered on YouTube, he was often compared to the Canadian sensation Justin Bieber early in his career.
- In 2012, he had to change his house because his fans had discovered it and were regularly posting loved-up notes.
- In May 2006, he took his first step towards his ascent to stardom by creating his YouTube account. The first video he posted was the cover of British singer Lee Carr’s single Breathe.
- He got his first big breakthrough after the American music artist Ne-Yo heard Maynard performing a cover of his single Beautiful Monster in one of his videos. He contacted Maynard shortly after and became his mentor.
- His parents were huge fans of Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder and they exposed Conor to the music at a very young age.
- He started singing at a very early age but didn’t get serious about it until the age of 15.
- When he was young, he started taking piano lessons but gave up soon after because he used to get bored of sitting still in a single place.
- In March 2014, he collaborated with leading British artists such as Emma Bunton, Pixie Lott, Eliza Doolittle, Kimberley Walsh, and Melanie C to record the single, Greatest Day, which was going to serve as the anthem for the English soccer team in the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- In October 2013, he published his non-fiction book, Take Off, which documented his journey to becoming a successful and popular music star.
- He loves calling his fans ‘Mayniacs.’
- He signed his first record deal at the age of 17. The same year, he cleared his driver’s test as well.
- On August 5, 2016, he released his 2nd album titled Covers via Parlophone/
Featured Image by Conor Maynard / Instagram