Miami, Florida, United States
Denise’s formal education information isn’t available.
Plus-size fashion model
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Daphne Bidot
- Siblings – Unknown
Denise Bidot is represented by
- Muse Model Management – New York City
- Milk Management – United Kingdom
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
In the past, there have been rumors of her having dated someone named, Gregory Vrecenak. However, these rumors can’t be verified nor it can be verified whether he is the father of her daughter Joselyn.
Race / Ethnicity
Denise has Puerto Rican and Kuwaiti ancestry.
- Tall height
- Full lips
42-32-45 in or 107-81-114 cm
18 (US) or 50 (EU) or 22 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Denise Bidot has fronted campaigns for a range of brands including –
- Forever 21
- Levi’s Denims
- Lane Bryant
- Old Navy
Best Known For
- Being one of the leading plus-size models in the fashion industry
- For launching the campaign “There is No Wrong Way To Be A Woman”
- Starring in TV shows such as Habla Women (HBO production) and Curvy Girls (nuvoTV)
First TV Show
In 2011, Denise appeared in the very first episode of season 1 as herself in the series Curvy Girls.
Denise likes to remain healthy by engaging in dance classes at the Midtown dance classes in New York City. She is particularly fond of the ballroom dancing sessions. In case, there is a fashion week around the corner, she goes in for private dance classes as well to take the intensity of workout a notch higher.
During fashion weeks, her choice of pre-workout food is shrimp cocktail, which gives her necessary energy before the exercise. She replenishes her energy levels after the workout with a good old cup of coffee.
Denise Bidot Favorite Things
- Latina Role Models – Jennifer Lopez, Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek
- Clothing Brands – Vince Camuto, BCBG MaxAzria, Theory, Alice + Olivia, Diane von Furstenberg
- Online Fashion Stores – Fashion to Figure, Asos, Madison Plus
- Female Role Model – Her mother
Source – Latina, Huffington Post
Denise Bidot Facts
- At the age of 15, she moved to Los Angeles to try her luck in the acting industry.
- While she was working as a makeup artist for a plus size model during a photoshoot, the photographer asked her whether she wanted to get into modeling. Soon after, she posed for a test photoshoot with the same photographer.
- In September 2014, she created history by becoming the first plus-size Latina model to walk the ramp at the New York Fashion Week. She opened the CHROMAT fashion show for Becca McCharen.
- In June 2015, she teamed up with the swimsuitsforall brand to launch the Beach Body. Not Sorry campaign to encourage body positivity. Her images and video for the campaign were not retouched to remove cellulite and stretch marks.
- She is an active supporter of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- She has been involved in the charity work for Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation, which aims to support inner-city youth through exposure to the arts and also supports emerging artists.
- In 2016, she spearheaded the launch of lifestyle movement, There is no Wrong Way to be a Woman, which celebrates women of every shape and size.
- Visit her official website @ denisebidot.com.
- Follow Denise on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Tumblr.