|Deniz Akdeniz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.75 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Deniz Akdeniz is an Australian actor who rose to fame after playing the role of Raff in the Disney television production As the Bell Rings (2007–2009). He gained further popularity by playing Aladdin on season 6 of the ABC television series Once Upon a Time (2016-17) and Robb Wellens on the 3rd season of the TV drama series Siren (2020). He was nominated for the Inside Film Awards in 2010 for “Best Actor” for his portrayal of the lead role of Homer Yannos in the Australian blockbuster Tomorrow, When the War Began (2010).
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Father – Atilla Akdeniz (Lecturer at Melbourne University)
- Mother – Aysel Akdeniz (Biochemistry researcher)
He is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
5 ft 10.75 in or 180 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Rhiannon Fish (2015) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Turkish descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Long hair covering the nape
- Mole on the right side of his nose
- Sharp nose
Deniz Akdeniz Favorite Things
- Book – The Tomorrow series by John Marsden, that he had read when he was 12 years old
Source – Girl.com.au
Deniz Akdeniz Facts
- His parents emigrated to Australia from Izmir in Turkey in 1987.
- He began studying stage acting when he was 8 years old and he also started to perform at that time. He was trained in one of Australia’s musical theaters where he made his professional debut in 2007 in the drama Angels With Dirty Faces.
- Deniz participated in the 2008 Disney Channel Games as a competitor and he was on the Red Team with Nick Jonas.
- He has affirmed that reading the Tomorrow series had helped him in developing his character when performing for the film Tomorrow, When the War Began. He has added that the script in itself was great and then the book complemented it, with him getting a few more ideas from the book.
- Deniz has disclosed that he had never ridden a motorbike before and had to learn to do so for the film Tomorrow, When the War Began and he had to get rigorous training. His co-star had to trust him to ride on the back and those were giant leaps for both of them.
- Regarding his character of Homer in Tomorrow, When the War Began he has revealed that he shares the same sense of humor that Homer has, however, he is definitely not a big trouble maker like him.
Featured Image by Deniz Akdeniz Fan / Instagram