|Derek Chisora Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Derek Chisora is a British professional boxer who is best known as the challenger for the WBC (World Boxing Council) heavyweight title against Vitali Klitschko in 2012. At the regional level, he had held the British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles from 2010 to 2011, and the European heavyweight title from 2013 to 2014. As an amateur, he had won the England Boxing National Amateur Championship in the super-heavyweight category in 2006. As of November 2021, he had been ranked the world’s 9th-best active heavyweight boxer by BoxRec (a website dedicated to holding updated records of professional and amateur boxers, both male and female). At the end of a calendar year, he has been ranked among BoxRec‘s ‘Top 10’ heavyweight boxers 7 times, with a highest ranking of world number 6 in 2013. As of December 2021, he had won 32 out of the 44 bouts that he had competed in his professional career. 23 of those 32 wins had been via knockout.
Del Boy, War
Mbare, Harare, Zimbabwe
London, England, United Kingdom
Derek had attended Churchill School, a public, day and boarding school for boys in Eastlea, Zimbabwe.
- Father – Paul Chisora
- Mother – Viola Chisora
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
114 kg or 251.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Derek has dated –
- Yalda Kontratchy – In November 2010, Derek had been found guilty of assaulting his then-girlfriend Yalda Kontratchy after he had seen text messages from another man on her phone. He had then been given a 12-week sentence suspended for 2 years and he had narrowly escaped a prison sentence. He had also been ordered to pay £1,500 in compensation and £500 in costs and to complete 150 hours of community work. The couple had parted ways soon after.
He has 2 daughters from an unnamed relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African (Zimbabwean) descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a thick beard
Derek Chisora Facts
- Derek’s parents got divorced when he was about 4 years old after which he was raised mostly by his maternal grandmother and step-grandfather.
- When he was studying at Churchill School in Zimbabwe, he used to function as a paramedic for the school’s sports team.
- His family had moved to the United Kingdom in 1999 when he was about 16 years old.
- He was a late entrant into the sport of boxing and had started getting trained in the sport only about 3 years after he had moved to the UK. His boxing club, Finchley ABC in North London, was also the training ground for future heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.
- In November 2015, he had been apprehended by traffic police near Hyde Park in London. It was later reported that he was driving without a valid driving license, insurance, and MOT certificate (an annual test of vehicle safety, roadworthiness aspects, and exhaust emissions required in the United Kingdom for most vehicles that are more than 3 years old). At a court hearing for this incident, in January 2017, he had avoided a driving ban.
- He is an ardent supporter of the English professional soccer club Manchester United F.C.
Featured Image by Derek Chisora / Instagram