|Anthony Joshua Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua
Watford, Hertfordshire, England
At the age of 7, Anthony Joshua joined the Kings Langley Secondary School. At the age of 11, he also studied at a Nigerian boarding school for 6 months.
- Father – Robert Joshua
- Mother – Yeta Odusanya
- Siblings – Janet Joshua (Sister), Jacob Joshua (Younger Brother), Loretta Joshua (Sister), Nikita Joshua (Younger Sister)
- Others – James A. Odusanya (Maternal Grandfather), Olufunmilayo Solanke (Maternal Grandmother), Ben Ileyemi (Cousin) (Professional Boxer)
Anthony Joshua is represented by AJ Boxing Management.
82 in (208 cm)
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
113 kg or 249 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony Joshua has dated
- Nicole Osborne – Anthony Joshua reportedly had an on and off relationship with Nicole Osborne since they were studying in school. As a result of their relationship, Osbourne gave birth to Joseph Bayley Temiloluwa Prince Joshua in October 2015. However, they managed to keep his birth a secret for over a year.
- Bella Hadid (2017) – Anthony was rumored to be going out with model Bella Hadid in the summer of 2017. They had first met at the GQ Awards in May and allegedly kept in touch via a stream of flirty messages. However, their romance didn’t progress to anything concrete.
Race / Ethnicity
On his mother’s side, he has Nigerian ancestry. While, on his father’s side, he is of Nigerian and Irish descent.
He also has Yoruba ancestry.
- Imposing and muscular body
- Short trimmed hairdo
Anthony Joshua has an endorsement deal with the sportswear giant, Under Armour.
The other brands he has a sponsorship deal with include
- Texo Scaffolding
- Sky Sports
- Lucozade Sport
- Audemars Piguet
- Altitude Mask
Anthony hasn’t publicly talked about his religious views. However, in January 2017, he uploaded a picture of himself praying at a Dubai-based mosque on his social media account.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most successful and popular heavyweight boxers of his era.
- Having won a gold medal at the Olympics as well as the world heavyweight title.
First Boxing Match
In October 2013, he made his professional boxing debut at the iconic O2 Arena in London against Italian boxer Emanuele Leo. Anthony went on to win the title by knocking his rival off in the first set itself.
First TV Show
In 2012, he made his first TV show appearance on the talk show, Unzipped.
Anthony starts his grueling and intense workout regime at the crack of dawn. The first thing he does after waking up is getting some intense cardio done, for which he chooses from either swimming, cycling or running. The cardio session lasts about 40 minutes and is performed at intervals.
He then heads to the conditioning and strength center, where he works out for about two hours during which he mixes bodyweight moves with lifting exercises. When it comes to lifting exercises, he focuses on big lifts and lower body muscles. He also performs a ton of core and rotational exercises that strengthen his core and aid in generating power in the fight.
In the evening, he heads to the boxing studio for the hardest part of his workout regime. He also practices shadow boxing in the gym as the unstable surface helps with the conditioning in his legs. Additionally, he trains in the altitude center to take his workout routine to the next level.
To supplement his efforts in the gym, he eats a lot of protein-rich fish and chicken. For the carbs, he relies on rice and potatoes. He also eats a huge quantity of broccoli and spinach. However, he doesn’t follow a regimented diet plan and prefers to focus on the basics.
Anthony Joshua Favorite Things
- Nigerian Food – Eba and egusi
- Cheat Food – Apple Crumble
Anthony Joshua Facts
- Before he became a champion boxer, he used to work as a bricklayer. He took up boxing on the suggestion of his cousin.
- While studying in school, he was very good in athletics, especially soccer. At the age of 9, he even managed to break the 100 meters record by completing it in 11.6 seconds.
- When he managed to win the senior ABA Championships in 2010 after participating in his 18th fight, he was offered £50,000 to become a professional. However, he turned down the offer in pursuit of winning some medals.
- After he won a gold medal at the 2012 Olympics, he was honored in the 2013 New Year Honours with a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE).
- In 2009, he was remanded to the Reading Prison. He later claimed that he was sent to the prison for fighting and related crazy behavior. When he was eventually released, he was ordered to wear an electronic bracelet.
- After American legend Joe Frazier, he is the second boxer to have won a world heavyweight title while still being the reigning Olympic champion in the same category.
- In November 2016, he decided to invest in the members-only fitness gym, BXR. In January 2017, the gym opened a studio on the Chiltern Street in Marylebone, London.
- When he was pulled over for speeding in North London in March 2011, the police found 8 ounces of herbal cannabis in his sports bag. He was slapped with charges of carrying a class B drug that he allegedly intended to distribute.
- After he pleaded guilty in court, he was sentenced to 12 months of community service and was suspended from the GB boxing squad as well. He was also ordered to do unpaid community work for 100 hours.
- He is the second British boxer, after James DeGale, to have won a major world title and a gold medal at the Olympic games.
Featured Image by Bill / Flickr / CC BY 2.0