|Bam Margera Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 cm|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1979|
Bam Margera is an American professional skateboarder, stunt performer, filmmaker, musician, and television personality. He is best known for being the main cast member of MTV’s reality comedy shows Jackass, reality series Viva La Bam, and Bam’s Unholy Union, and also appearing in all three Jackass movies, Haggard: The Movie and Minghags: The Movie. Bam has a strong social media fan base as well, with more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Brandon Cole Margera
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
Pocopson Township, Pennsylvania, United States
He attended West Chester East High School.
Skateboarder, Stunt Performer, Actor, Musician, Filmmaker, Television Personality
- Father – Phil Margera (Reality Television Personality)
- Mother – April Margera (Reality Television Personality)
- Siblings – Jess Margera (Younger Brother) (Musician)
- Others – Vincent Margera (Uncle) (Reality Television Personality)
Bam self manages his career.
Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Comedy Rock, Experimental Rock, Hardcore Punk, Comedy Rock, Parody, Rap metal, Rapcore
- Filthy Note Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bam has dated –
- Bianca Garozzo – As per records, Bam is said to have dated a woman named Bianca Garozzo in his younger days.
- Lindsay Blowbam – He was romantically involved with a woman named Lindsay Blowbam in the past.
- Jennifer Rivell (1998-2005) – In 1998, Bam got into a romantic relationship with a single mother named Jennifer Rivell. The remained engaged for some time but parted ways in 2005.
- Maja Ivarsson (2003) – In 2003, Bam was rumored to have hooked up with Swedish musician Maja Ivarsson.
- Jessica Simpson (2005) – Bam was rumored to have hooked up with American singer Jessica Simpson in 2005.
- Melissa Rothstein (2005-2012) – In May 2005, Bam started dating American personality and his childhood friend Melissa Rothstein. They dated for a year before getting engaged in 2006. After 4 months of engagement, they tied the knot on February 3, 2007, in downtown Philadelphia. The events of their marriage were shot and were made into MTV’s reality series Bam’s Unholy Union. They, however, parted ways in 2009 and divorced in November 2012.
- Tammy Palumbo (2010-2012) – Bam and Tammy Palumbo were in a 2 year on and off relationship from 2010 to 2012.
- Porcelain Black (2011) – Bam dated American singer Porcelain Black for 2 months starting from September to November 2011.
- Nicole Boyd (2009-Present) – Bam started dating Nicole Margera in 2009. The couple dated for a year. They later got married on October 5, 2013. Nicole gave birth to their first child together, a son named Phoenix Wolf, on December 23, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian and German ancestry on his father’s side and is of English, Irish, Welsh, and German descent on his mother’s side.
Bam has done advertisement work for Right Guard Extreme.
Best Known For
- Being the main cast member of MTV’s reality comedy shows Jackass, reality series Viva La Bam, and Bam’s Unholy Union
- Appearing in all 3 Jackass movies, Haggard: The Movie, and Minghags: The Movie
Bam released his first studio album Gnarkill along with the American comedy rock band Gnarkill in 2002.
Bam made his theatrical film debut in the reality comedy film Jackass: The Movie as ‘Himself’ in 2002.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on the reality comedy series Jackass as ‘Himself’ in 2000.
According to Bam, he can’t sit stagnant for a long time. He keeps fit by indulging in a number of physical activities such as exercising, skating, working out, doing yoga, hiking, and biking.
Bam Margera Favorite Things
- Skaters – Boulala, Penny, Maldonado, Keri Getz, Saari, Hoofbite
- Movies – Good Will Hunting (1997), Mallrats (1995), The Lost Boys (1987), Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)
- Band – Cradle of Filth
- Album – Nymphetamine
Source – IMDb
Bam Margera Facts
- At the age of 3, he had a strange habit of running into walls and things so his grandfather named him Bam Bam. It was later shortened to Bam when he reached the 5th standard.
- He has been skateboarding since he was 9 years old.
- He is good friends with TV personality Chris Raab and in an interview revealed that the only reason he went to high school was their friendship. So much so that after Chris’s expulsion, he dropped out of school after his junior year but later got his GED.
- Bam got a sponsorship from Toy Machine Skateboards in 1997 when he was only 18 and since then he has been sponsored by companies like Element Skateboards, Speed Metal Bearings, Adio Footwear, Electric Sunglasses, Volcom, Landspeed Wheels, Destroyer Trucks, Destructo Trucks, and Fairman’s Skateshop.
- He initially started by shooting videos of his friends and himself skateboarding, that later turned into the hit CKY video series.
- The CKY series shares its name with Bam’s younger brother Jess Margera’s band and is short for Camp Kill Yourself.
- After the CKY series became a hit, it caught the attention of editor Jeff Tremaine who is best known for Big Brother and created a team that went on to become American reality comedy television series Jackass and aired on MTV.
- Following the success of Jackass, Bam got his own MTV series, that went on for 5 seasons by the name of Viva La Bam, starting from 2003 to 2005.
- In January 2005, he successfully landed The Loop in Phoenix, Arizona and became the 13th known skateboarder and the first street skater to successfully land it.
- In September 2008, he opened his own bar/theater called The Note in West Chester, Pennsylvania but serious restrictions were imposed on it by the West Chester Borough Council and the bar was shut down permanently in January 2014.
- In June 2010, Bam was attacked with a baseball bat outside The Note. The alleged attacker was Elizabeth Ray, who claimed that Bam called her the n-word which he denied.
- In 2017, he retired from professional skateboarding but made a casual comeback on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Element Skateboards.
- Bam was featured as an animated character on Tony Hawk‘s video game franchise including Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4, Tony Hawk’s Underground, Tony Hawk’s Underground 2, Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland, Tony Hawk’s Project 8 and Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground.
- He also lent his voice to a character in Scarface: The World Is Yours video game.
- In an interview, he revealed that he had his first drink when he was 21 years old and it was because an ex-girlfriend cheated on him.
- Bam is the owner of his own production house called Bam Margera Productions and a record label by the name Filthy Note Records.
- He is a huge fan of metal band Cradle of Filth’s album Nymphetamine so much so that he has the title tattooed on his arm.
- Bam has been a recovering alcoholic ever since his 20s and has checked into rehab for getting rid of his addiction. In an interview, he revealed that he realized that he drank whenever he was bored after bone spurs forced him to put his skateboarding career on hold.
- As per an interview with People magazine in 2016, he revealed that that because of his health issues, including anxiety and eating disorders, he had to relearn skating after 5 years, and was also left overweight.
- Follow Bam Margera on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Bam Margera / Instagram