Kevin Norwood Bacon
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Kevin Bacon was enrolled at the Julia Reynolds Masterman Laboratory and Demonstration School in his hometown.
He also won a scholarship to attend five weeks arts program at Pennsylvania Governor’s School for the Arts at Bucknell University.
He is also an alumnus of Circle in the Square Theatre School.
Actor, director, producer, musician
- Father – Edmund Norwood Bacon (Prominent Architect and former Executive Director of the Philadelphia City Planning Commission)
- Mother – Ruth Hilda (Liberal Activist and Elementary School Teacher)
- Siblings – Michael Bacon (Older Brother) (Singer, songwriter, musician and film score composer)
- Others – Ellis Williams Bacon (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Atkinson Comly (Paternal Grandmother), Artemas Holmes (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy Frances Smith (Maternal Grandmother)
Kevin Bacon is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
Country rock, folk-rock
- Bluxo Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Bacon has dated –
- Tracy Pollan (1981-1986) – Kevin started dating actress Tracy Pollan in 1981. They had fallen in love while working in the Broadway play, Album. They dated for around five years before going separate ways in 1986.
- Kyra Sedgwick (1988-Present) – Bacon started going out with actress Kyra Sedgwick in 1988 after having grown close to her while working in the movie, Lemon Sky. In September 1988, they got married in a small and intimate wedding ceremony. In 1989, she gave birth to a son, Travis Bacon. They welcomed a baby girl, Sosie Ruth Bacon (later became an actress) in 1992. In their several interviews, they have attributed the success of their relationship to their active sex life.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German and Irish ancestry.
Deep resonant voice
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 39 in or 99 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Kevin Bacon has done endorsement work for
- Hanes underwear
- VISA Check Card
- Logitech Revue
- Support Our Troops campaign of FOX TV
- UK Mobile Network EE
- 2014 Buick LaCrosse
- 2014 Buick Encore
Best Known For
- Having appeared in a number of critically acclaimed movies such as A Few Good Men (1992) and Mystic River (2003).
- Being cast as Lt. Colonel Michael Strobl in the HBO historical drama movie, Taking Chance (2009).
As a Singer
In 1995, Kevin formed a rock band, The Bacon Brothers with his older brother Michael Bacon. They released their debut studio album, Forosoco in February 1997.
Until 2017, they have released 6 albums and 2 EPs and have performed at various events and concerts as well.
In 1978, Kevin made his first film appearance in the comedy movie, National Lampoon’s Animal House.
First TV Show
In 1979, Kevin made his TV show debut in long-running soap opera, Search for Tomorrow.
Kevin Bacon has a fairly active lifestyle, which helps him maintain amazing levels of fitness even with the advancing age. He loves lifting weights in the gym and occasionally works out with a trainer.
However, he is not a fan of going for long workouts as he tends to get bored fairly easily. Instead, he goes for high-intensity workouts that he can wrap up in a short period of time.
He also enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking. He also loves to head out for a run. His other indoor workout preference is calisthenics. The calisthenics broadly refers to gymnastic style exercises that are beneficial for muscle tone, agility, and flexibility.
As per diet, he doesn’t believe in restricting anything. He lays emphasis on eating a balanced diet which allows him to sneak on an occasional serving of his favorite unhealthy foods such as hamburgers while eating a mostly healthy diet.
Kevin Bacon Favorite Things
- Sandwich – Bacon, avocado, lettuce, smoked salmon, and tomato
- Mexican Dish – Tacos and Cochinita pibil, which is a slow-cooked and shredded pork
- Snack – Jerky, nuts, and carrots
Source – Bon Appetit
Kevin Bacon Facts
- During his early struggling days as an actor, he used to work as a waiter in restaurants while auditioning for small roles in theater productions.
- He was one of the many victims of the Ponzi scheme created by infamous fraud Bernard Madoff. Without mentioning how much he had lost, he revealed that he had lost most of his savings.
- In September 2003, Kevin was honored with his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6356 Hollywood Boulevard.
- He was initially the first choice for the role that was later played by Charlie Sheen in comedy-drama movie, Being John Malkovich (1999).
- In 1995, the Empire Magazine had him at the 61st position in the list comprising of 100 Sexiest Stars in film history.
- Despite having worked in Hollywood for more than 4 decades, he has never lived in Hollywood or Los Angeles.
- To prepare for his role in Footloose, he went back to high school as a transfer student by the name of Ren McCormick. He observed teenagers for a few classes before getting on with work in the movie.
- He is an inspiration for the game Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, which is based on the idea that due to his extensive acting career, you can link any actor using his association with Kevin in a couple of steps.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.