|Devante Cole Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Devante Cole is an English professional soccer player and TV personality. As a senior, he played for Manchester City (2014-2015), Bradford City (2015–2016), Fleetwood Town (2016–2018), Wigan Athletic (2018–2020), and Doncaster Rovers starting in 2020.
Devante Lavon Andrew Cole
Alderley Edge, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom
- Manchester, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
- Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Professional Soccer Player, TV Personality
- Father – Andrew “Andy” Alexander Cole (Former Professional Soccer Player for Manchester United, Newcastle United, and England’s National Team, Forward And Attack Soccer Coach, Restaurant Owner, Real Estate Investor, Singer)
- Mother – Shirley Dewar
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
- Other – Lincoln Cole (Paternal Grandfather) (He worked as a coal miner), Alexander Cole (Nephew). His paternal grandmother worked as a caretaker at a private school. Devante has 7 paternal aunts and uncles.
- 9 – Manchester City U21
- 10 – Wigan Athletic, England U19
- 11 – Manchester City U21
- 12 – Manchester City U21, England U19
- 14 – Manchester City U21
- 15 – Manchester City U21
- 16 – Manchester City U21
- 28 – Milton Keynes Dons
- 44 – Doncaster Rovers, Barnsley FC, Fleetwood Town, Bradford City, Motherwell FC, Burton Albion
- 77 – Manchester City U21
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jamaican descent on his paternal side.
- Tall height
- Curly haircut
Devante Cole has endorsed brands such as –
- Water Creative
- RHUDE Designs
- River Island
- Christian Louboutin
- A BATHING APE
- Adidas Originals
He was raised a Christian.
Devante Cole Favorite Things
- Personal Quote – “Hold the vision. Trust the process.”
Source – Instagram Bio
Devante Cole Facts
- He played as a striker, like his father, but constantly emphasized that they have different playstyles.
- His paternal grandfather emigrated from Jamaica to England in the 1960s.
- Devante joined Manchester City‘s team in April 2003, when he was only 7 years old. He spent the previous day training with Manchester United, the rivals from the same city. For a reason he could not describe, he felt uncomfortable there.
- Him being in Manchester City and his dad playing for the rivals Manchester United has led to ‘banter’ around the breakfast table, but no real issues.
- Devante’s father enjoys watching him play and is “kicking the ball for him half the time”. However, he never pressured him into anything and since he’s “lived the dream already”, had no need to “live through” Devante.
- During the 2013-2014 UEFA Youth League, Devante was the second-highest scorer overall for Manchester City with 6 goals.
- He made his debut for England Under-19 team on March 5, 2014, against Turkey. He started the game by scoring the opening goal.
- Devante left Premier League in 2015 after he joined Bradford City on a permanent transfer.
- Some analysts have stated he could seriously be considered for a role in the advanced midfield three due to his ability to play in wide areas.
- Devante is known for his pace, tall height, and endurance.
- His dad got a diagnosis of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in 2015, and his health started deteriorating. Devante’s cousin Alexander donated his kidney to him in April 2017, thus saving his life.
- His father got very interested in property investment, flipping, renting, and selling. He aims to teach Devante the same in the future because “you cannot go wrong with investing in bricks and mortar”.
- Some of his best friends are fellow soccer players George Evans, Sam Grimshaw, Alex Kiwomya, Callum Robinson, Dele Alli, and rapper Tory Lanez.
- It was the fellow soccer player Cédric Kipré who ‘sold him’ on going on a loan to Motherwell from Wigan Athletic in 2019.
Featured Image by Devante Cole / Instagram