|DeWanna Bonner Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1987|
DeWanna Bonner is an American professional basketball player who has represented Phoenix Mercury (2009-2019) and Connecticut Sun (2020-Present) in the WNBA (Women’s National Basketball Association). With Phoenix Mercury, she won the WNBA Championship in 2009 and 2014. She was also named in the WNBA ‘All-Star Team’ in 2015, 2018, 2019. In each of the first 3 years of her WNBA career (2009–2011), she was named the WNBA ‘Sixth Woman (substitute) of the Year’. At the international level, she was an integral member of the United States’ squads that won the 2006 FIBA (Fédération Internationale de Basketball) Americas Under-20 Championship for Women and the 2007 FIBA Under-21 World Championship for Women. During the WNBA offseason, she has represented clubs such as BK Brno (Czechia), Baloncesto Rivas (Spain), CB Avenida (Spain), and Nadezhda Orenburg (Russia).
Instant Offense, Sticks
Fairfield, Jefferson County, Alabama, United States
She holds dual nationality.
DeWanna had graduated from the Fairfield High School in Alabama. She then joined the Auburn University in Alabama in 2005 and graduated with a degree in psychology in 2009.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Gregory McCall
- Mother – LaShelle Bonner
- Siblings – Erica McCall (Sister) (Professional Basketball Player), Vin’Centia Dewberry (Sister), Justin Mccall (Brother)
- Others – Toussaint Dupree (Father-in-Law) (Former Air Force Officer), Patricia Mungenast (Mother-in-Law) (Former Air Force Officer), Crystal Dupree (Sister-in-Law), Shayna Dupree (Sister-in-Law)
Shooting Guard / Small Forward
24 – Phoenix Mercury, Connecticut Sun
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
DeWanna has dated –
- Candice Dupree (2016–Present) – DeWanna got married to her former Phoenix Mercury teammate Candice Dupree in 2016. In 2017, DeWanna gave birth to twin girls, through surrogacy, named Cali and Demi.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Lanky frame
- Often sports a bandana
- Has a tattoo on her left shoulder and another on her right wrist
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
DeWanna Bonner Favorite Things
- TV Shows – SportsCenter, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Sanford & Son
- Sports – Basketball, Volleyball
- Hobby – Cooking
Source – WNBA
DeWanna Bonner Facts
- During her high school career, while representing Fairfield High School, DeWanna was named as both McDonald’s All-American and WBCA (Women’s Basketball Coaches Association) All-American and competed in their All-America matches. She was also named the ‘Gatorade Alabama Player of the Year’.
- In the first year of her college career (2005-06), she averaged 13.5 points per game which meant that it was the first time since 1980–81 that a freshman had led the team in scoring. She was named to the SEC (South-Eastern Conference) ‘All-Freshman Team’.
- In 2009, she was named the SEC ‘Player of the Year’. She ended her college career that year with 2,162 points, which was 100 more than the previous record for the college. She was just the 3rd player from her college who had crossed the mark of 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds in her career. She was also voted the Alabama Sports Writers Association’s ‘Amateur Athlete of the Year’.
- In March 2018, in addition to her eligibility for the United States, she qualified to represent the Macedonian national women’s team after receiving the country’s passport.
Featured Image by DeWanna Bonner / Instagram
she’s weight is 71 kg