|Chad Channing Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 31, 1967|
Chad Channing is an American musician who had come into the spotlight in 1988 when he had joined the rock band Nirvana. He had been the band’s drummer until 1990, during which time the band had published their debut studio album titled Bleach. After leaving the group due to creative differences, he had played the drums, played bass, and even sung, for different bands such as Fire Ants, The Methodists, East of the Equator, and Before Cars.
Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, California, United States
Poulsbo, Kitsap County, Washington, United States
Chad is a high school dropout.
- Father – Wayne Channing (Former DJ)
- Mother – Burnyce Channing
- Siblings – Kyrstie Channing (Older Sister) (Nurse), Joelle Channing (Younger Sister) (Naval Air Traffic Controller, Naval Reserve Recruiter)
- Others – He has 2 nephews.
Hard Rock, Grunge, Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Hardcore Punk
Drums, Vocals, Guitar, Bass
- Sub Pop
- DGC Records
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chad, from a previous unnamed relationship(s), has a daughter named Lucy (b. 2002) and a son named Nolan (b. 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Stocky frame
- Side-parted, long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Has a mole on his left cheek
- Clean-shaven look
Chad Channing Facts
- He had lived in several cities in the United States in his childhood as his father was getting different part-time gigs across multiple locations.
- When he was 13 years old, he had suffered a severe injury due to an accident in a gym class. His femur was shattered so badly that his rehabilitation and recovery had taken several months.
- It was during this time that he had developed a love for music after his parents had gifted him a bass guitar. Once his leg was out of the cast, his parents had bought him a drum set to not just satisfy his love for music but also strengthen the bones in his weakened leg.
- In 1985, he had joined a band known as Stonecrow with future Nirvana guitarist Jason Everman. A couple of years later, when he was working as a sauté cook in Bainbridge Island, Washington, he had founded a new music group called Tick-Dolly-Row. The group used to share a bill with Nirvana (then known as Bliss) at that time. Due to this proximity with Nirvana, he had eventually joined them in June 1988.
- In December 2013, when it was announced that Nirvana was to be inducted into the ‘Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’, Chad had mentioned in an interview that this was the greatest gift that he could give to his daughter, an ardent music lover. However, as things turned out, his name was omitted from the honors list and he was informed about this via a simple text message by the awards committee who had chosen to instead induct Dave Grohl, his successor at Nirvana. Although shattered by the decision, he had still attended the ceremony where Dave had thanked him for his contribution to the band.
Featured Image by Chad Channing / Instagram