|Dhanush Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dhanush is an Indian actor, producer, director, writer, lyricist, screenwriter, and playback singer who is best known for his work in Tamil films. This exceptionally talented gentleman is the creator and singer of India’s first music videos to have achieved more than 100 million views. Besides that, he is also much appreciated for both his exceptional skills as a producer and actor. With time, Dhanush has amassed a huge fan base with more than 9 million followers on Twitter, more than 5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
Venkatesh Prabhu Kasturi Raja
Theni, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Dhanush and joined St. John’s Matriculation Higher Secondary School in 1999 in grade 11 and graduated from there in 2001.
Actor, Producer, Director, Writer, Lyricist, Screenwriter, Playback Singer
- Father – Kasthuri Raja (Director, Producer)
- Mother – Vijayalakshmi
- Siblings – Selvaraghavan (Older Brother) (Film Director, Screenwriter)
His music has been released via various record labels including Sony Music Entertainment India Pvt. Ltd.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dhanush has dated –
- Aishwarya R. Dhanush (2004-2022, 2022) – They got married in 2004 and have 2 sons named, Yatra Raja (b. 2006) and Linga Raja (b. 2010). Aishwarya is a film director and the oldest daughter of legendary actor Rajinikanth. In January 2022, the couple announced their separation after almost 18 years together. In October 2022, it was reported that the couple was working on their marriage and had called off the divorce. But, there was no official news about the same.
- Trisha Krishnan – Rumored
Race / Ethnicity
- Keeps the front of his hair standing
- Often sports a mustache and goatee
He has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Center Fresh
- Parachute Advanced
- Tata Sky
Dhanush Favorite Things
Source – Daily Hunt
- The first film that he appeared in was that of his father’s titled, Thulluvadho Ilamai in 2002.
- It was his older brother Selvaraghavan who forced Dhanush to join the film industry.
- On May 20, 2010, Dhanush and his wife Aishwarya founded their very own production house under the name of Wunderbar Film.
- In 2011, his self-made track Why this Kolaveri Di became the first music video on YouTube to cross 100 million views.
- Dhanush directed the film Power Paandi in 2017, which happened to be his directorial debut.
- In 2017, an older couple from Madurai claimed Dhanush as their son who had left the house to join the film industry. The couple had asked for a monthly INR 65000 maintenance. Despite that, after a long-fought case, the court settled in the favor of Dhanush.
- Until 2019, his actor’s tab included the names of more than 2 dozen films since he first began in 2002.
- Amongst the many awards that he has received are distinguished ones like 58th National Film Award and several Filmfare Awards.
- Most of the songs that he records are for the very films he stars in.
- As a lyricist, Dhanush has penned down a number of tracks including Boomi Enna Suththude (2012), Vannathil (2014), Oru Vitha Asa (2015), and Nenjodu Vinaya (2019).
- In 2011, PETA named him the ‘Hottest Vegetarian Celebrity’.
- On humanitarian grounds, he is a huge contributor and has also worked with “WWF India” to support “Earth Hour 2012”.
- He was signed on by Perfetti India Ltd. as the face of their chewing gum brand Center Fresh in August 2013.
- In May 2022, he and his father Kasthuri Raja sent a legal notice to a couple claiming Dhanush as their biological son.
- In February 2023, Dhanush gifted a new house in Poes Garden, Chennai to his parents.
- He is a worshiper of Lord Shiva.
- One of his most popular songs “Kolaveri Di” took merely 6 minutes to write and the first recording of the song was ready within 35 minutes.
- In July 2023, he visited Tirupati Temple in Andhra Pradesh with his sons and shaved his head completely as a ritual.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC-BY-3.0