|Diana Vickers Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1991|
Diana Vickers is an English singer, songwriter, actor, model, musician, and fashion designer who first rose to popularity as a semi-finalist on The X Factor in 2008. She has released several tracks, albums, and extended plays like Music to Make Boys Cry, Songs from the Tainted Cherry Tree, Once, The Boy Who Murdered Love, Cindrella, and My Wicked Heart. In addition to that, she has also tried her luck as an actor and has been cast in roles like Gemma in the television sitcom Give Out Girls, Chris/Chris-A-Tron 5000 in the sitcom Top Coppers, Kim in the biographical drama film The Perfect Wave, and Lauren in the horror thriller drama film Awaiting.
Blackburn, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Diana Vickers went to Westholme School in Blackburn and studied Classics, Theatre Studies, and Psychology for her A-Levels.
Singer, songwriter, actor, fashion designer, model, musician
She has been signed to Modest Management.
Indie pop, indie rock, new wave, folktronica, folk-pop, synthpop
Vocals, trumpet, acoustic guitar
RCA (2009–2011), So Recordings
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Diana Vickers has dated –
- Eoghan Quigg (2008-2009) – From November 2008 to January 2009, the two singers dated each other. Diana told Sun that Eoghan was like a holiday fling to her. Eoghan is a former pop singer and occasional actor.
- Joshua Jenkins (2010) – She dated for a couple of months with actor Joshua Jenkins in 2010.
- George Craig (2011-2015) – In March 2011, she started dating the British model, George Craig. They seemed to have separated in 2015.
- Jack Waldouck (2016-2017) – She was romantically involved with Jack Waldouck between the years 2016 and 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
34-23-34 in or 86-58.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
She has appeared in Dee V for Very’ Christmas range commercial.
Best Known For
Reaching semi-finals in the singing competition The X Factor in 2008.
Diana Vickers released her debut album Songs from the Tainted Cherry Tree on 3 May 2010 in the UK via RCA. It charted at #1 in UK, #2 in Scotland, #7 in Ireland, etc. the album received the certification of “Gold” in British.
In 2014, she made her first film appearance by playing the character named Kim in the South African-New Zealand-Indonesian biographical drama film The Perfect Wave, about the life of Ian McCormack, a surfer who became a minister after his near-death experience.
First TV Show
In 2008, she debuted on television with the reality singing competition The X Factor as a performer. She reached the semi-finals after appearing in 15 episodes.
Diana Vickers Facts
- Her career is influenced by the musicians Florence + The Machine, Sinead O’Connor, Regina Spektor, Frou Frou, Sixpence None The Richer, Kings Of Leon, Cyndi Lauper, The Sundays, and Kate Bush.
- She started singing at the age of 11.
- At 16, she planned to study hard for A Levels.
- In 2008, she participated in The X Factor and reached the semi-finals. This was the first time, she was seen in public.
- On May 20, 2011, Diana launched an eight-piece clothing collection titled “Dee V” for Very.co.uk.
- She starred in the 1992 comedy play “The Rise and Fall of Little Voice” as Little Voice on October 8, 2009.
- On September 13, 2013, she released her 2nd studio album Music to Make Boys Cry through So Recordings. It peaked at number #9 on the UK Independent Albums Chart, at number #19 on the Irish Independent Albums Chart, at number #37 on the UK Albums Chart, and at number #52 on the Scottish Albums Chart.
- In 2014, she brought to life the character of Gemma, the youngest sales girl who is naive and slightly dimwitted, in the television sitcom Give Out Girls. She co-starred in the show alongside Kerry Howard, Cariad Lloyd, Miranda Hennessy, Tracy-Ann Oberman, Ben Bailey Smith, and Alex Carter.
- She was cast as Chris/Chris-A-Tron 5000 in the sitcom Top Coppers in 2015.