New Jersey, United States
Diane went to the Boston Arts Academy, which was the only performing arts high school in Boston.
She then got admission at the Regis College to study political science and communications. (via BostonGlobe.com)
She also took an acting course at the Susan Batson Studios.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has one older brother.
Diane Guerrero is represented by Josh Taylor of Vamnation Entertainment.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Diane Guerrero has dated –
- Joseph Ferrara (2014-Present) – Diane Guerrero has been in a relationship with Joseph Ferrera, who reportedly works for Unique Coffee Roasters. They started going out in 2014 but made their first public red carpet appearance at the 27th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in May 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Columbian origin due to her parents.
- Hourglass figure
- Fuller lips
35-26-34 in or 89-66-86 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Diane has had a lucrative brand endorsement deal with the clothing giant, Old Navy and has appeared in numerous commercials with a focus especially on Spanish speaking customer segment.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Playing the character of Maritza Ramos in the Netflix comedy-drama series, Orange Is the New Black.
- Being cast as Lina in the CBS satirical romantic and drama telenovela Jane the Virgin.
She played the title role of Ashley in a short film Ashley/Amber in 2011.
First TV Show
Diane guest appeared on the ABC medical drama Body of Proof as Sara Gonzales in 2011.
Diane’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Diane Guerrero Favorite Things
- Beauty Icon – Jennifer Lopez
- Beauty Advice – Drink lots of water and stay hydrated.
- TV Series – New Girl, Parenthood (2010-2015), Red Band Society (2014-2015)
Source – Cosmopolitan, SheKnows
Diane Guerrero Facts
- When she got her breakthrough role in the comedy series Orange is the New Black, she was about to give up due to lack of any progress in her career.
- For her audition for Orange is the New Black, she wore a simple t-shirt and sweatpants and had her hair pulled up as the casting call had asked for out of the bed look.
- After completing her college education, she got a job at a law firm.
- She has worked as a volunteer with the charity group, Immigrant Legal Resource Center, which aims to support immigrant groups and protect their rights.
- While studying at the high school, she was a vocalist of a jazz group.
- Once, at the age of 14, when she returned home, the immigration authorities had detained her parents. She then stayed with her parents’ friends, and could only meet her parents by visiting Columbia during vacations.
- In 2016, she published a memoir In the Country We Love, in which she shared her experience as an immigrant and struggles she had to endure. She later played a lead role in the TV series adaptation of the book on CBS.
- In the run up to the 2016 Presidential Election, she was very vocal in her opposition for eventual winner Donald Trump due to his anti-immigrant stance.
- Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.