Diego Roberto Godín Leal
Godin’s educational background is not known.
- Father – Julio Godin
- Mother – Iris Leal
- Siblings – Unknown
Godin is signed with Corner Association.
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Diego Godin dated –
- Sofia Herrera – Diego is in a relationship with the Uruguayan blonde Sofia Herrera.
Race / Ethnicity
Diego’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 39 in or 99 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Diego was seen in a TV commercial for the sportswear company Puma.
Best Known For
He is considered as one of the best center backs in the world, known for the important goals he scored during the 2013-2014 season when Atlético Madrid was able to win the Primera Division title.
First Football Match
On August 27, 2010, Diego debuted for Atlético Madrid in a victory against Inter Milan.
His international debut happened in 2005 in a friendly match between Uruguay and Mexico. At the time, Diego was only 19 years old.
- Defensive contribution
- Aerial duels
- Great teammate
- Offensive contribution
Diego has not appeared in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, Godin hasn’t shown up in any other TV show.
The Uruguayan star is a decent worker, not one of the hardest, but still, he keeps his body in shape. He is not a fan of weightlifting exercises and that’s why most of his workouts are done by using his body weight as a resistance. Godin does a lot of conditioning training such as high-intensity sprinting and sand dunes training during the off-season.
Despite the fact that he is not very muscular, his core strength can be seen through his ability to absorb a contact by a taller and a much stronger opponent.
The muscles of the core are a proven way to improve the athletic performance of a player. Therefore, we give you a couple of exercise videos with which you can combine and make your own core workout.
Before you go and check the videos, we want you to make sure that you know the complete core anatomy. There are numerous abdominal muscles including obliques, trapezius, gluteus maximus and latissimus dorsi.
Diego Godin Favorite Things
Diego Godin Facts
- He started his professional career at the age of 17 in a local club called C.A. Cerro.
- In 2006, Diego moved to Club Nacional de Football and after a short amount of time, he was named the team captain.
- In August 2007, Godin agreed to the terms of Villarreal CF and signed a five-year contract.
- On August 4, 2010, Diego got transferred to Atletico Madrid. He agreed to a five-year contract worth around 8 million euros.
- On November 1, 2013, he extended his deal with Atletico Madrid until 2018.
- He was a part of the national team of Uruguay at the 2007 Copa America.
- Diego was selected in the UEFA Team of the Year in 2014.
- Follow Diego on his Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.