|DJ Spinderella Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 3, 1970|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
DJ Spinderella is an American DJ, rapper, and music producer who is best known for her stint as the DJ of the female rap trio Salt-N-Pepa (1987-2019) with whom she had released the studio albums A Salt with a Deadly Pepa (1988), Blacks’ Magic (1990), Very Necessary (1993), and Brand New (1997). The group’s success was highlighted by the fact that all of those albums were certified either ‘Platinum’ or ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). She has also been a central character in the reality TV show The Salt-N-Pepa Show (2008) which had focused on the reformation of the group after it had disbanded in 2002.
Deidra Muriel Roper
Spinderella, Dee Dee Roper
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
DJ, Rapper, Music Producer
- Siblings – D’Andrea Roper (Sister) (Deceased). She has 3 other siblings.
She is represented by Kamari Chelsea, PR Agent, Kamari Chelsea Communications, New York City, New York, United States.
Hip-Hop, Rap, Dance, Pop, Pop Rap
- Next Plateau Entertainment
- London Recordings
- PolyGram N.V.
- Red Ant
- Island Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
DJ Spinderella has dated –
- Kenny Anderson – Through her past relationship, in the 1990s, with basketball player Kenny Anderson, she has a daughter named Christy Anderson (b. 1992).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Curvaceous figure
- Long, wavy hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
DJ Spinderella Facts
- Her fascination with music stemmed from the fact that her father was passionate about music and records. He used to maintain an extensive collection of records which inspired her to pursue a career in music.
- Her career started at the age of 14 when she started to market herself in the area around Brooklyn as a DJ who was available to be hired for parties and local events. She had befriended a local DJ who had passed on to her techniques and tricks of the trade.
- DJ Spinderella was soon introduced to Hurby Azor, the producer and manager of Salt-N-Pepa, who was looking to replace the current DJ of the group who used to miss several rehearsals and group appearances. She was just 16 when she joined the group.
- Salt-N-Pepa had created the records for being the first female rap group to record ‘Gold’, ‘Platinum’, and ‘Multi-Platinum’ albums, as well as the first female group to win a Grammy award. One of her most popular songs with Salt-N-Pepa, titled Push It (1987), was ranked at number 37 in VH1‘s list of the ‘100 Greatest Dance Songs’.
- In 1992, she had appeared as ‘herself’ in the fantasy comedy film Stay Tuned. 4 years later, she had played a cameo role in the musical fantasy comedy film Kazaam.
- In 1997, the year her last studio album (Brand New) with Salt-N-Pepa was released, she was also due to have launched her debut solo album. However, the deal fell flat as Red Ant, her record label, had suddenly ceased its operations. In October that year, she had opened her own beauty salon.
Featured Image by DJ Spinderella / Instagram