|Wi Ha-joon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1991|
Wi Ha-joon is a South Korean actor and model who came into the limelight after portraying Cha Myung-ho in the suspense crime action comedy film Bad Guys Always Die (2015). He has appeared in several other notable movies like Midnight (2021) and has been featured in numerous TV programs such as 18 Again (2020) and the Netflix mega-hit show Squid Game in which he started to play the part of Hwang Jun-ho in 2021, garnering global recognition. Ha-joon is the recipient of many accolades including a nomination for the Korea Drama Awards in 2018. He has amassed more than 8.5 million followers on Instagram where he has uploaded modeling content along with promoting his acting career.
Wando County, South Jeolla, South Korea
He attended Sungkyul University in Korea where he studied Theater and Film.
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
He has been represented by MSTeam Entertainment.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Galaxy S8xKT.
Wi Ha-joon Favorite Things
- Person – His niece, whom he has adored a lot and referred to as his princess, having shared pictures on Instagram of him spending time with her
Source – Instagram
Wi Ha-joon Facts
- He has recalled that he used to be a runner in his younger days and has been confident about controlling his body movements.
- Ha-joon has disclosed that he was very skinny in his childhood and prior to joining the military, he had been only 125 pounds.
- Apart from having incredible acting skills, Ha Joon has also been noted for his sweet, euphonious voice.
- He has stated that the audience has an image of him in a rom-com sense as he has done many performances in that genre. However, in real life, his personality has tended to be more grounded and serious.
- Ha-joon has enjoyed working out, doing acrobatics, boxing, and has relished listening to music.
- He has stated that one of the most challenging scenes to film for Squid Game was the one where he made an underwater escape with his scuba gear on. As he has always had a serious fear of water, it had taken him a lot of time to overcome his mental block. He took many swimming lessons to shoot that scene and had felt triumphant when he was able to complete it well.
- Ha-joon has revealed that since his youth he had relatively low self-esteem and he was never content with himself. However, his life changed for the better after working as an actor and delivering performances and seeing how people responded with so much love and admiration for him, and the joy his work brought to the lives of others. Ha-joon has added that part of the reason he has acted has been as his parents love it a lot. He has admitted that there is a lot of challenges and pain that have to be a part of the process, but seeing the happiness it has brought to his parents has motivated him to do even better. He has listened to his father’s suggestion that above all else, he has to be a good person.
Featured Image by Wi Ha-joon / Instagram