|Dominic Sandoval Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1985|
Dominic Sandoval is an American dancer, singer, and YouTube personality known for appearing as a dancer on the popular reality show, So You Think You Can Dance. He has done endorsement work for brands like Mountain Dew, In-N-Out Burger, and Noho Tobacco. He has a YouTube channel titled “theDOMINICshow” with more than 3 million subscribers. Dominic also has a huge social media fan base with more than 4 million followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Roseville, California, United States
Dominic attended Woodcreek High School.
Dancer, Singer, YouTube Personality
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Leilani Dacay-Igne
- Siblings – Sara Nicole Rivera (Older Half-Sister) (Photographer). He also has 4 half-brothers.
- Others – Conrad Pete Sandoval (Step-Father), Tim Meadows (Uncle) (Actor & Comedian), Ellee Rose (Niece)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dominic has dated –
- Lauren Froderman (2011-2015) – American dancer Lauren Froderman and Dominic were in a long-term relationship for nearly 4 years since 2011. The two went their different ways in 2015.
- Bethany Mota (2016-Present) – American YouTuber Bethany Mota and Dominic began dating in 2016. Bethany is almost 10 years younger than him but they seem to share an inseparable bond as is evident on social media. The couple has never commented on their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian, White, and Hispanic)
He has Filipino, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish, Irish, Indian, Native American, and Indonesian ancestry.
Dominic has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Mountain Dew
- In-N-Out Burger
- Pick Up Stix
- Noho Tobacco
- Gerry’s Jeepney
He hasn’t spoken about his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- His b-boying (break dancing) skills that helped him land a stint on the 3rd season of So You Think You Can Dance, in which, he quickly became a fan favorite. He is also the winner of America’s Best Dance Crew with his group Quest Crew in 2009 and 2014.
- The popularity of his social media channels like Instagram with more than 1 million followers and YouTube channels (theDOMINICshow and Random Guys) where his videos have collectively amassed more than 5 million subscribers.
As a Singer
Dominic released his first single I Miss You in September 2011.
In 2009, he made his theatrical film debut as Li’l Rosero Dancer in the live-action/ computer animated film Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
First TV Show
Dominic made his first appearance on a TV show in 2007 while auditioning as a dance participant on the dance reality-series So You Think You Can Dance.
Dominic’s dance training takes up a lot of his energy and he relies on his diet to provide him with all the necessary supplementation. Below is a breakdown of the diet plan he followed in 2015 –
- Breakfast – He began his morning by drinking a 16-ounce Starbucks iced sugar-free caramel macchiato with soy milk. According to him, the soy made it sweet in taste with less sugar and fat as compared to the cream. He also relied on Starbucks reduced-fat turkey-bacon and egg-white sandwich.
- Lunch – In the afternoon, his preferred meal of choice was chicken breast with sides of green beans, mac and cheese, and cornbread. He followed it up with a 16-ounce Jamba Juice Protein Berry Workout Smoothie.
- Dinner – For the last meal of the day, he opted for a chipotle chicken salad with rice, beans, grilled veggies, corn, cheese, sour cream, and lettuce. Also, he liked to keep himself replenished during rehearsals with Pineapple-Orange-Mango Mountain Dew Kickstart.
Dominic Sandoval Favorite Things
- Professional Dancer – Ivan “The Urban Action Figure”
- Pair Of Shoes – Victor Kings
Source – Wikipedia, New Media Rockstars
Dominic Sandoval Facts
- He was adopted by his step-father Conrad Pete Sandoval at the age of 2. However, a misunderstanding in the documents caused his legal name to change to Conrad Pete Dominic Sandoval, which he corrected when he turned 16.
- His mother and step-father were alcoholics and in their drunken stupor would physically abuse him while he was growing up.
- He has 5 siblings which include an older half-brother, an older half-sister, 2 step-brothers (twins), and a younger half-brother.
- While competing on So You Think You Can Dance, he became well-known for having a crush on the host Cat Deeley.
- He also worked as a backup dancer for the American rock band Panic! At The Disco in their music video Ready To Go (Get Me Out Of My Mind).
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube (theDOMINICshow), YouTube (Random Guys), Google+ (Random Guys), and Facebook.
Featured Image by Dominic Sandoval / Instagram