|Tommy Paul Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1997|
Tommy Paul is an American professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 32 in singles in June 2022 and world number 139 in doubles in May 2022, as per the official ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, he had reached the 3rd round of the 2020 Australian Open and the 4th round of the 2022 Wimbledon Championships. As of mid-August 2022, he had won a solitary singles title on the ATP Tour – the 2021 Stockholm Open (ATP 250 Series). At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, he had reached the quarter-final of the 2020 French Open.
Thomas John Paul
Voorhees Township, Camden County, New Jersey, United States
Greenville, Pitt County, North Carolina, United States
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Kevin Paul
- Mother – Jill MacMillan
- Siblings – Dylan Paul (Brother), Jessie Lynn Paul (Sister)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
Tommy Paul’s net worth had been $800 thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tommy has dated –
- Kiki Passo (2020-2022)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Often sports a light stubble
Tommy has been sponsored by –
- The Wilson Sporting Goods Company (American sports equipment manufacturer)
- New Balance Athletics, Inc. (American sports footwear and apparel manufacturer)
- Nike, Inc. (American multinational footwear, apparel, and sports equipment brand)
Tommy Paul Favorite Things
- Tennis Shot – Overhead
- Tennis Tournament/Event – US Open
- Tennis Idol/Role Model – Andy Roddick
- Hobbies/Interests – Surfing, Playing Basketball, Playing Golf, Dirt-Biking
- Sports Teams – Philadelphia Eagles (American Football), Philadelphia 76ers (Basketball)
Source – ATP Tennis
Tommy Paul Facts
- Tommy first started playing tennis when he was 7 years old after he was introduced to the sport by his parents.
- At the youth tier, he had reached a peak world ranking of number 3 and had clinched the 2015 French Open title in the boy’s singles event. He had also reached the final of the 2015 French Open title in the boy’s doubles event and the 2015 US Open title in the boy’s singles event.
- His first career win over a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’ of the official ATP singles rankings came in February 2020 when he upset the then world number 7 Alexander Zverev in the 2nd round of the Mexican Open in straight sets.
- His next win over a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’ came in October 2021 when he upset the then world number 5 Andrey Rublev in the 3rd round of the Indian Wells Masters in 3 sets. This was also the first time in his career that Tommy had made it past the 3rd of an ATP Masters 1000 event.
- At the 2022 edition of the Indian Wells Masters, he defeated the then world number 3 Alexander Zverev in 3 sets in the 2nd round to record the biggest win of his career.
- In August 2022, in the 2nd round of the 2022 Canadian Open, he stunned 2nd seed and the then world number 4 Carlos Alcaraz in 3 hard-fought sets to claim the 3rd ‘Top 5’ win of his career. Tommy then overcame Marin Čilić in the 3rd round of the tournament to reach the quarter-final of an ATP Masters 1000 event for the first time in his career.
- In May 2023, he got defeated by Andy Murray in the final of Aix-en-Provence.
Featured Image by Tommy Paul / Instagram