|Marin Čilić Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Medjugorje, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, SFR Yugoslavia
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Professional Tennis Player
Right Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Zdenko Čilić
- Mother – Koviljka Čilić
- Siblings – Vinko Čilić (Older Brother), Goran Čilić (Older Brother), Mile Čilić (Younger Brother) (Tennis Player)
Cilic is signed with Vincent Stavaux.
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Marin Cilic dated –
- Kristina Milkovic – In the past, Marin was in a relationship with the beautiful Croatian girl, Kristina Milkovic.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Short beard
Marin has penned endorsement deals with Li-Ning, Head, and Fila in the past.
Best Known For
Winning the 2014 US Open Grand Slam Tournament.
First TV Show
Other than tennis matches themselves, Marin has appeared in the morning talk show Live! with Kelly (2014) as himself-guest.
First Grand Slam Singles Wins
Marin won his first Grand Slam Title in 2014 after in the finals of US Open, he managed to beat the Japanese star Kei Nishikori in three straight sets (6-3, 6-3, 6-3).
You can check Marin’s recent trophies at ATP World Tour.
Over his career, Marin has worked with Bob Brett (2004-2013) who used to train the former 2001 Wimbledon champion the Croatian, Goran Ivanisevic. Eventually, Marin ended his collaboration with Bob in 2013 and instead started taking coaching from Goran Ivanisevic.
For his physical shape, Cilic hired coach Slaven Hrvoj.
Marin Cilic Favorite Things
- Surface – Hard, Grass
- Football Teams – AC Milan, Croatian National Team
Source – ITFTennis.com, ATPWorldTour.com
Marin Cilic Facts
- Cilic’s first steps on a tennis court happened at the age of 7 when the young Marin played together with his cousin Tanja.
- Growing up, his idols were Goran Ivanisevic and Ivan Ljubicic.
- Marin respects the Brazilian football superstars Kaka and Robinho.
- Cilic enjoys watching triple-jump and high-jump competitions.
- Because of Marin’s potential as a kid, his coaches at his hometown suggested him to move to Zagreb, so that he can train better and harder.
- His countryman the Croatian star, Goran Ivanisevic advised Cilic to move to San Remo in 2004 so that he can train with Goran’s former trainer Bob Brett.
- In 2005, Marin won the junior French Open.
- Before he started representing Croatia, Cilic played for Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Cilic won his first professional tournament in April 2007 after he lifted the trophy at the Casablanca Challenger.
- He won his first ATP title at the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament in 2008 in New Haven, Connecticut. To won the trophy, Marin beat Viktor Troicki, Jurgen Melzer, Igor Andreev, and Mardy Fish.