|Sierra Deaton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sierra Deaton is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer who is known for having been one-half of the musical duo named Alex & Sierra. The duo’s discography includes projects like It’s About Us, As Seen on TV, Little Do You Know, and Scarecrow. Alex & Sierra split in 2017 and as a solo artist, Sierra Deaton has co-written songs and provided backing vocals for artists including 5 Seconds of Summer for “Lover Of Mine”, Gnash for “forgive” and Lovelytheband for “coachella”.
Sierra Phuong-Thao Deaton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Deaton went to Lake Howell High School and The University of Central Florida in Florida, United States. She graduated with honors in 2013 and received a degree in advertising and public relations.
She has also studied many dance styles such as ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, modern, and more.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer
- Father – Dr. John Deaton
- Mother – Vu Deaton
- Siblings – Lara Deaton (Older Sister)
She has been signed to Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Pop, pop/funk, indie pop
Vocals, percussion, piano
Syco, Columbia Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm (Approx)
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sierra Deaton has dated –
- Alex Kinsey (2011-2016) – Alex Kinsey and Sierra knew each other since high school but never dated at that time. The duo started dating in 2011. They appeared together at The X Factor USA in 2013. They also planned to marry each other. But, the duo split in 2016.
- Luke Hemmings (2017-Present) – 5SOS’s Luke Hemmings started dating Sierra in August 2017 after splitting from Instagram star Arzaylea. In 2021, they got engaged which was revealed in June 2021 by Luke.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English ancestry on her father’s side while she has Vietnamese ancestry on her mom’s side.
Her bisexuality news was revealed by Luke Hemmings, her then-boyfriend during pride month in June 2020.
34-26-34 in or 87-66-87 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
She may be wearing a shoe of size 6 (US)
Best Known For
Winning season 3 of The X Factor USA
As a part of the duo Alex & Sierra, Deaton launched the first album entitled It’s About Us on October 7, 2014, under Columbia Records / Sony Music Entertainment.
It consists of singles like “Scarecrow”, “Little Do You Know” and others. It charted at #8 in US Billboard 200, #11 in Canada, and #9 in New Zealand.
First TV Show
In 2013, she appeared on The X Factor and won season 3 of this singing reality show.
There is not much known about her workout routine and diet plan. But, she may have tried or thought of giving a go to the amazing diet plan called Paleo Diet. She tweeted about that in June 2013.
Sierra Deaton Facts
- Sierra uses she/her pronouns.
- She was born in Philadelphia but raised in Orlando, Florida.
- Sierra started dancing at the age of two.
- Deaton is skilled in numerous dance forms including ballet, jazz, hip-hop, modern, and tap.
- Sierra also competed in Irish dancing for 11 years and won three international titles.
- Deaton won season 3 of The X Factor USA. She was teamed with Alex Kinsey.
- Sierra and Alex won a $1 million recording contract from Sony Music Entertainment after winning the third season of The X Factor.
- She likes adventure and never wants to grow up.
- They are the first and the only couple to win The X Factor in the United States.
- Sierra likes the music of singers such as Ed Sheeran, Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Marc Broussard, Nickel Creek, Taylor Swift, and The Civil Wars.