|Donny Osmond Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 9, 1957|
Donny Osmond is an American singer, dancer, and actor who shot to fame as a teenager when he began performing with 4 of his older brothers in a music group named The Osmonds that scored numerous ‘Top Ten’ hits and Gold-certified albums. He began a solo career in the early 1970s and along with recording several more hit singles, he also hosted a Daytime Emmy Award-nominated talk show and assisted with the soundtrack of several movies. In the latter half of his career, he participated in various reality TV series, winning season 9 of Dancing With The Stars and finishing as runner-up in season 1 of The Masked Singer.
Donald Clark Osmond
Donny, Mr. White Bread
Ogden, Weber County, Utah, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Donny had attended the American School of Correspondence in Lansing, Illinois.
Singer, Dancer, Actor
- Father – George Virl Osmond (World War II Veteran, Real Estate Agent, Insurance Agent, Postmaster, Christian Missionary) (d. 2007)
- Mother – Olive May Osmond (née Davis) (Secretary) (d. 2004)
- Siblings – Alan Osmond (Older Brother) (Singer, Music Producer), Jay Osmond (Older Brother) (Drummer, Film Producer, TV Producer), Jimmy Osmond (Younger Brother) (Singer, Actor, Businessman), Merrill Osmond (Older Brother) (Singer, Actor, Bassist), Wayne Osmond (Older Brother) (Singer), Marie Osmond (Younger Sister) (Singer, Actress, Author, Philanthropist, Talk Show Host), Tom Osmond (Older Brother), Virl Osmond (Older Brother)
- Others – Marjorie Lynn Glenn (Mother-in-Law), Avery Lee Glenn (Father-in-Law), Jessica Nelson Osmond (Daughter-in-Law), Melisa Osmond (Daughter-in-Law), Shelby Hansen Osmond (Daughter-in-Law), Stephen Lyle Craig (Brother-in-Law), Rulon “Roland” Osmond (Paternal Grandfather), George Osmond, Jr. (Paternal Great Grandfather), Christiana Lovina Amelia Jacobsen (Paternal Great Grandmother), George Osmond (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Nancy Ann Canham (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Frederick Jacobsen (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Elizabeth Pedersen (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Agnes LaVerna Van Noy (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Lorenzo Van Noy (Paternal Great Grandfather), Martha Tyresha Vail (Paternal Great Grandmother), William Thomas Van Noy (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Agnes Birrell (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Isaac Hawk Vail (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Tyresha Ann Beelar (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Thomas Martin Davis (Maternal Grandfather), Samuel Williams Davis (Maternal Great Grandfather), Mary Ann Martin (Maternal Great Grandmother), Thomas John Davies (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Elizabeth “Eliza” Williams (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), John Martin (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Anna Jenkins (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Vera Ann Nichols (Maternal Grandmother), Benjamin Thomas Nichols (Maternal Great Grandfather), Olive Lovenia Booth (Maternal Great Grandmother), William Nichols (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Ellen White (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), John Booth (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Ann Lythgoe (Maternal Great Great Grandmother)
He is represented by –
- Donna Mitchell, Retail and Licensing Agent
- Susan Madore, Publicist, Guttman PR Publicity and Marketing Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Vocal, Pop Rock, R&B, Bubblegum Pop, Blue-Eyed Soul, Comedy, Musical Theater
- Universal Music Group
- Decca Records
- MGM Records
- Polydor Records
- Capitol Records
- Nightstar Records
- K-Tel International
- Curb Records
- Burning Shed
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Donny has dated –
- Stephanie La Motta (1976-1977)
- Debra Glenn (1977-Present) – Donny got married to Debra Glenn on May 8, 1978, at the Salt Lake Temple in Utah. They have 5 sons together – Donald Clark Osmond Jr. (b. July 31, 1979), Jeremy James Osmond (b. June 8, 1981), Brandon Michael Osmond (b. January 29, 1985), Christopher Glenn Osmond (b. December 12, 1990), and Joshua Davis Osmond (b. February 16, 1998). The couple also has 10 grandchildren.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Welsh, Danish, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Swiss-German, and Dutch descent.
- Charming smile
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Radiant face
Donny has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Hawaiian Punch fruit drink (1981)
- Pepsi Twist (2003)
- Sprint cell-phone service (2006)
- Time-Life’s ‘Pop Goes the ’70s’ music collection (2014)
Donny Osmond Favorite Things
- Movie – Spartacus (1960)
- Actors – Tony Curtis, Kirk Douglas
- American Football Team – Kansas City Chiefs
- Singer/Inspirational Figure – Susan Boyle
Donny Osmond Facts
- Donny has stated in a BBC documentary titled Donny Osmond Coming Home that some of his family ancestries are connected to the town of Merthyr Tydfil in Wales. After the documentary was aired, an honorary plaque was unveiled in the town to mark the revelation.
- His 2 oldest brothers, Alan and Thomas, are deaf and one of his nephews is hard of hearing. He revealed in an interview that all members of The Osmonds used to communicate in sign language to conduct their musical performances seamlessly.
- He hosted Pyramid, a syndicated TV game show in the US (2002-2004), and a British version in 2007. For his work, he was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Game Show Host” (2003).
- Donny and his younger sister Marie Osmond began performing a 90-minute residency show at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas titled Donny & Marie in September 2008 that became so popular that it ran for 11 years, till November 2019.
- In January 2005, he was ranked at number 14 in TV Guide‘s list of ‘TV’s Greatest Teen Idols’.
Featured Image by Donny Osmond / Instagram