|Duane Chapman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 2, 1953|
Duane Chapman is an American television personality, bounty hunter, and a former bail bondsman who rose to fame as a bounty hunter for his successful capture of Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Mexico in 2003. The following year, he was given his own series titled Dog the Bounty Hunter (2004–2012) on A&E while he has also been a part of many other projects including Dog and Beth: On the Hunt, Dog’s Most Wanted, Hawaii Five-0, Austin High, and Dog’s History of Bounty Hunting.
Duane Lee Chapman
Dog the Bounty Hunter, Dog, The Dog, Big Daddy
Denver, Colorado, United States
Hawaii, United States
Television Personality, Bounty Hunter, Former Bail Bondsman
- Father – Wesley Duane Chapman (Welder who later turned into a bail bondsman)
- Mother – Barbara Darlene Chapman (née Cowell)
- Siblings – Jolene Kaye Martinez (née Chapman) (Younger Sister) (1955–2016), Michael Chapman (Brother), Paula Hammond (née Chapman) (Sister)
- Others – Orlie Emmerson/Emerson Chapman (Paternal Grandfather), Lenora A. Folkers (Paternal Grandmother), Leland Clyde Cowell (Maternal Grandfather), Pauline Ellen Stone (Maternal Grandmother), Travis Chapman (Grandson), Abbie Mae Chapman (Granddaughter), Cobie Chapman (Grandson), Dakota Chapman (Grandson), Jodi Chapman (Grandchild), Jennifer Chapman (Granddaughter), Dylan Chapman (Grandson), Jasmine Chapman (Granddaughter)
Chapman has been repped by Da-Kine Bail Bonds, Inc., Company, Ewa Beach, Hawaii, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $6 Million.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Duane Chapman has dated –
- Debbie White – He previously dated Debbie White and Chapman’s oldest child, a son named Christopher Michael Hecht (b. July 1969), was born out of wedlock. She kept her pregnancy from Chapman and committed suicide in 1978 and the boy was adopted by Keith and Gloria Hecht.
- La Fonda Sue Honeycutt (1972-1977) – On April 1, 1972, he got married to La Fonda Sue Darnell (née Honeycutt) in Pampa, Texas, and they have 2 sons – Duane Lee Chapman, II (b. January 21, 1973) and Leland Blane Chapman (b. December 14, 1976). Their marriage ended on October 27, 1977, as she filed for divorce from Chapman after he was convicted of first-degree murder and she was granted custody of Duane Lee and Leland. Duane Chapman was granted custody of the boys after the two started getting involved in crime and they were placed in foster care. Later, the boys went on to work with Chapman at Da’Kine Bail Bonds in Honolulu, Hawaii, and appear on TV alongside their father.
- Anne M. Tegnell – Chapman then married Anne M. Tegnell on August 22, 1979, in Colorado. They parent 3 sons – late Zebadiah Chapman (b. January 1, 1980 – January 31, 1980) (was born prematurely), Wesley Chapman (b. November 14, 1980), and James Robert Chapman (b. March 2, 1982). Chapman and Anne divorced sometime after the birth of Wesley but they reconciled briefly and that resulted in the birth of their son James. Eventually, Anne was granted custody of both their children and moved to Utah. Then, Wesley was raised by his maternal grandmother and both the sons were kept from being able to communicate with Chapman. They reunited with their father later as adults.
- Lyssa Greene (1982-1991) – In 1982, he married Lyssa Rae “Big Lyssa” Brittain (née Greene) and the marriage was reportedly performed by a Native American chief in the Colorado mountains. According to Chapman, he offered Lyssa $1,000 to have his child, to which she agreed and they had 3 children together – late daughter Barbara Katie Chapman (June 8, 1982 – May 19, 2006), son Tucker Dee Chapman (b.September 8, 1983), and another daughter Lyssa Rae Chapman (b. June 10, 1987). The marriage ended on November 20, 1991.
- Tawny Marie Chapman (1992-1994) – In 1992, he married his secretary Tawny Marie Chapman but the two soon separated in 1994, and officially divorced in 2002. In his autobiography, You Can Run But You Can’t Hide, Chapman referred to the marriage as “a disaster from the start”.
- Beth Chapman – After being in an on-again-off-again relationship for years, he married Alice Elizabeth “Beth” Barmore (née Smith) on May 20, 2006, at a Hilton hotel in Waikoloa Village, Hawaii. They had 2 children – Bonnie Joanne Chapman (b. December 16, 1998) and Garry Chapman (b. February 7, 2001). He also adopted her daughter, Cecily Barmore-Chapman (née Barmore) (b. June 19, 1993), from her previous marriage. The marriage ended as Beth died of throat cancer on June 26, 2019, in Honolulu.
- Francie Frane (2020-Present) – He got engaged to Francie Frane in May 2020 and they tied the knot on September 2, 2021, in Colorado.
Race / Ethnicity
Duane Chapman is of German, English, Danish, and Swiss-German descent.
Mullet and sunglasses
Duane Chapman Facts
- He has been refused entry to the United Kingdom and is not permitted to own any firearms.
- His daughter Lyssa Rae Chapman has stated that she and her siblings reportedly endured a hard childhood and incidents of s*xual abuse and substance abuse plagued the family.
- Duane Chapman has been friends with Snoop Dogg.
Featured Image by Duane Chapman / Instagram