|Dustin Poirier Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 19, 1989|
Dustin Poirier is an American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in 2010, in the lightweight division. He is a former interim UFC Lightweight Champion. He had started competing professionally, a year earlier, in 2009, in the now-defunct World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC). As of December 2020, he was ranked number 2 in the UFC Lightweight rankings. He holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Dustin Glenn Poirier
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
He splits his time between Lafayette, Louisiana, United States, and Coconut Creek, Broward County, Florida, United States.
Dustin had attended the Northside High School in his hometown of Lafayette but had dropped out when he was in the 9th grade because of repeatedly getting into trouble due to his involvement in street fights.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Darrell Poirier
- Mother – Jere’ Folley Chaisson
- Siblings – He has 2 brothers.
He is represented by Benjamin Goldberg, Business Manager and Booking Agent, Dulcedo Management, Talent Management Agency, Montreal, Québec, Canada.
- Lightweight (2009–2010, 2015–Present)
- Featherweight (2011–2014)
6 ft or 183 cm
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dustin has dated –
- Jolie Poirier (2004-Present) – Dustin had started dating Jolie in 2004 while they were still high school students and the couple eventually got married in September 2009. In April 2018, they had founded a charitable organization called Good Fight Foundation. They have a daughter together named Parker Noelle Poirier (b. August 20, 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Acadian French, specifically of Cajun descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Has his daughter’s name tattooed on the upper right side of his chest
- Has both his hands and the upper left side of his chest covered in tattoos
Dustin Poirier Facts
- As of January 2021, Dustin had earned the UFC Bonus Awards 12 times – ‘Fight of the Night’ (7 times), ‘Submission of the Night’ (Once), and ‘Performance of the Night’ (4 times).
- He had auctioned his fight kit from the UFC 211 event on eBay and had raised more than USD 5k for Feeding America, a United States-based network of food banks.
- He had also auctioned his kit from the UFC on FOX event to raise funds to buy 500 backpacks for school children in his hometown of Lafayette.
- His win against Justin Gaethje, in April 2018, at the UFC on Fox 29 event, achieved via TKO in the 4th round, was named the ‘Fight of the Year’ by MMAJunkie.com, MMAWeekly.com, MMA Fighting, and Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, his organization, the Good Fight Foundation, had donated 1000 meals to the employees of 3 major hospitals in the Lafayette area. In June 2020, he was awarded the ‘Forrest Griffin Community Award’ by UFC for his philanthropic and charitable efforts.
- In December 2020, he had launched Poirier’s Louisiana Style, a cajun hot sauce brand in collaboration with a Canadian company known as Heartbeat Hot Sauce Co.
- In January 2021, in the very first bout of his new UFC contract, he had become the first person to defeat Conor McGregor via knockout.
Featured Image by Dustin Poirier / Instagram