|Dylan Rieder Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 26, 1988|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Dylan Rieder was an American professional skateboarder, artist, and model who was one of the most widely-followed skateboarders of his time and had earned a huge legion of fans owing to his effortless style and epic power-packed skateboarding videos. He was named ‘Amateur of the year’ by The Skateboard Mag in 2006. In 2014, he won a Transworld Skateboarding magazine award for ‘Best Video’ for his work in the feature film titled Cherry. In parallel with skateboarding, he had also worked as a model featuring in campaigns for brands such as DKNY and magazines such as Vogue. Dylan had also co-owned a boutique furniture store in New York City called The Hunt.
Dylan Joseph Rieder
The Golden Boy, The Most Handsome Man in Skateboarding, The Skateboarder Who Changed Fashion Forever
Dylan was born on May 26, 1988.
He died on October 12, 2016, due to complications arising out of leukemia in Duarte, Los Angeles County, California, United States. He was just 28 years old at the time of his death.
Westminster, Orange County, California, United States
Professional Skateboarder, Artist, Model
- Father – Joe Rieder (Barber)
- Mother – Dana Ortiz (née Webb)
- Siblings – Makenna Rieder (Younger Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dylan had dated –
- Camille Rowe (2013-2014)
Race / Ethnicity
He was of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Had his torso, both arms, and both shoulders tattooed
- Often sported a thin beard
- Had a mole on his neck
- Affable smile
Dylan had partnered with and promoted brands such as –
- Alien Workshop
- Gravis footwear
- F*cking Awesome
- Spitfire wheels
- Thunder trucks
- Jack’s Garage
- Roughneck hardware
Dylan Rieder Favorite Things
- Pet – Dogs
- Music Groups/Bands – Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin
- Singers – Syd Barrett, John Frusciante
- Rapper – The Notorious B.I.G.
- Travel Destination – Europe
- Movies – Scarface (1983), Casino (1995), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), Snatch (2000), The Trip (2010)
- TV Shows – Tilt, South Park, Family Guy, Drawn Together
- Video Games – Red Dead Revolver, Man Hunt, NFS Underground 2
- Hobbies/Interests – Surfing, Listening to Music
- Beverage – Coffee
- Documentary Film – Heima (2007)
Source – Thrasher Magazine, HUF Worldwide
Dylan Rieder Facts
- He had started skating from the age of 9 and had turned pro in 2006, at the age of 18.
- In his fight with leukemia, after being diagnosed for the first time in July 2014, he had received a bone marrow transplant from his sister Makenna twice. Although he made recoveries each time, he also went into remission after those recoveries before eventually succumbing to the illness in October 2016.
- It was later revealed that more than leukemia, his sudden demise was caused by a lung infection that had damaged his spine. His health had also deteriorated due to side-effects of chemotherapy that had damaged his eyes and liver.
Featured Image by Dylan Rieder / Instagram