|Ed Butowsky Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1962|
Ed Butowsky is an American financial adviser, author, frequent financial commentator, and TV personality who has made a name for himself as a trusted financial advisor to high-net-worth clients and athletes.
Edward Wayne Butowsky
Plano, Texas, United States
Ed Butowsky studied at the University of Texas.
Financial Adviser, Author, Frequent Financial Commentator, TV Personality
- Father – David Butowsky (Chief Enforcement Officer for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission)
- Mother – Lois Butowsky
- Sibling – Ellen Butowsky (Sister)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Note – Ed Butowsky is married and fathers 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cheeky smile
- Tall stature
Ed Butowsky Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Laurel, Maryland, and Chappaqua, New York.
- In 1987, Ed Butowsky joined the multinational investment bank and financial services company, Morgan Stanley, started his financial career, and worked there for 18 years until 2002.
- He has also served as the managing director at the New York-based global investment bank, securities trading, and brokerage firm, Bear Stearns.
- Ed Butowsky has worked as the managing partner in Chapwood Investments and also created the Chapwood Index which intends to be a true cost of living increase index.
- He has appeared on shows such as Frontline, The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, 30 for 30, The Willis Report, CNN Tonight, and America’s Newsroom.
- Along with professional baseball player Torii Hunter, he founded the Clubhouse Investment Club, a celebrity and athlete investor group.
- Ed Butowsky has contributed articles to the likes of Breitbart News and TheBlaze.
- He filed a defamation lawsuit in U.S. federal court against National Public Radio and one of its reporters, David Folkenflik, in June 2018 seeking $57 million in damages.
- In the year 2019, Ed Butowsky’s book titled Wealth Mismanagement: A Wall Street Insider On the Dirty Secrets of Financial Advisers and How to Protect Your Portfolio was released and it aims at educating investors on how to properly evaluate and protect themselves from potential crooked financial advisors.
Featured Image by Ed Butowsky / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0