|Eden Silva Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1996|
Eden Silva is a British professional tennis player who made her WTA main draw debut with the 2018 Dubai Tennis Championships in the doubles event. She has won various tournaments and has done endorsement work for numerous brands like ASICS Tennis. She already has a decent record in ITF tournaments with her best performances coming on hard court. Eden has a mild social media fan base with more than 20k followers on Facebook.
Eden Giselle Silva
London, England, United Kingdom
Essex, England, United Kingdom
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Roger Silva
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
Eden is represented by the Women’s Tennis Association.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Eden Silva has dated –
- Liam Broady – British tennis player Liam Broady and Eden Silva are dating each other for some time.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has Russian and Sri Lankan ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Tall height
- Fuller Lips
Eden Silva has a sponsorship deal with sportswear brand, ASICS Tennis. She has used her social media to promote their products as well.
Best Known For
Being one of the promising female British players. She has achieved some success in the ITF circuit. She has been especially successful in Sharm el-Sheikh tournament, having won it for a couple of times.
First Tennis Match
In January 2010, she made her tennis debut at the Magnolia Cup.
First TV Show
Apart from the telecast of the tennis matches, Eden Silva hasn’t appeared on any TV show yet.
Eden Silva regularly hits the gym to further improve her performances on the court. In the gym, she focuses on functional training with special attention paid to improving her lower body power and explosiveness. She uses accessories such as medicine balls and HRX bands to make her workouts even more effective and productive.
Eden Silva Favorite Things
- Tennis Surface – Hard
- Tennis Player – Roger Federer
- Personal Interests – Cooking and listening to music
Source – ITFTennis.com
Eden Silva Facts
- She started playing tennis at the age of 3 at the local tennis club, Cranbrook Castle in Essex.
- At the age of 8, she played in her first international tennis tournament in Auray, France. It was then that her father decided to quit his regular job and travel with Eden throughout the year to give her support.
- When she turned 10, Eden and her father started making regular trips to Los Angeles so that she could train under the guidance of tennis expert Robert Lansdorp. She made these trips for 5 years.
- In 2011, she started training full-time with tennis expert Louis Cayer at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.
- In 2012, she was the only British female player to have won all her qualifying matches to join the main draw of junior Wimbledon. She had managed to defeat the Top 40 ranked players.
- She has done ambassadorial work for Sporting Equals, which is a British foundation that works to promote greater involvement in sports of disadvantaged minorities.
- Visit her official website @ edensilva.com.
Featured Image by Eden Silva / Instagram