|Olivia Jean Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1990|
Olivia Jean is an American singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist who has published the solo studio albums Bathtub Love Killings (2014) and Night Owl (2019); and a collaborative EP, with fellow American singer-songwriter April March, titled Palladium (2020). She is also well recognized as the lead singer and guitarist of the American all-female garage goth rock band called The Black Belles which was founded in Nashville in 2009. The group had released a self-titled album in 2011.
Olivia Jean Markel
St. Clair Shores, Macomb County, Michigan, United States
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist
- Father – Brent Markel
- Siblings – She has an older sister, a younger brother, and a younger sister.
- Others – Gorman M. Gillis (Father-in-Law) (Former Building Maintenance Superintendent), Teresa Gillis (née Bandyk) (Mother-in-Law) (Former Secretary), Frank J. Gillis (Grandfather-in-Law), Florence Gillis (Grandmother-in-Law), John Bandyk (Grandfather-in-Law), Mary Ostafin (Grandmother-in-Law). She has 9 siblings-in-law.
Rock, Garage Rock, Country Music
Vocals, Guitar, Drums, Piano, Bass Guitar
Third Man Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Olivia has dated –
- Jack White – Olivia had started dating American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and music producer John Anthony ‘Jack’ White (né Gillis) in the mid-2010s. On April 8, 2022, Jack, after playing the national anthem for a Detroit Tigers’ baseball game, had proposed to Olivia, near the end of the concert performance, at the Detroit Masonic Temple (the world’s largest Masonic Temple). The couple got married shortly afterward, in a ceremony that was officiated by Jack’s business partner Ben Swank. She has 2 step-children, a stepson named Henry Lee White (b. August 7, 2007) and a stepdaughter named Scarlett Teresa White (b. May 2, 2006), from Jack’s past marriage to English supermodel, singer, and songwriter Karen Elson.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Olivia Jean Facts
- She started writing and recording music at an early age after getting inspired by the Detroit garage rock music scene. She was gifted her first guitar when she was 7 years old and soon began learning how to play multiple instruments so that she could record her music. Her early recordings consisted mainly of surf-instrumental songs inspired by rock musicians.
- Olivia was discovered by a noted musician, and her future husband, Jack White after he had received a demo of her recordings at a musical show in Detroit.
- In 2009, she had been sent an invitation to record songs with Third Man Records (an independent record label co-founded by Jack) in Nashville. Jack and the label had helped her record several songs which would later be released by The Black Belles, an American all-female garage goth rock band of which Olivia became a part.
- After The Black Belles found success in the studio, they decided to become a band. Jack signed the band to Third Man Records and produced some of their singles as well as their debut self-titled album which was released on October 8, 2011. The band saw moderate success and toured across the United States. It was, however, put on hiatus in 2012.
Featured Image by Olivia Jean / Instagram