|Elisabeth Waterston Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 30, 1977|
Elisabeth Waterston is a France-born American actress who started her acting career in 2000 with a singular episode cameo role in the long-running legal drama TV series Law & Order. She then had several guest appearances in various TV series till 2003, before making her feature film debut with a supporting role in the 2004 romantic comedy film The Prince and Me. She has acted in a string of films and TV series since then, notably playing the character of Alice Winter in the 2nd season of the popular thriller TV series Quantico in 2017. Elisabeth is also a regular on the New York theatre scene and has appeared in several classical plays.
Elisabeth P. Waterston
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Elisabeth completed her schooling from Groton School, a private boarding institution in Massachusetts. She then attended the prestigious Yale University, where she majored in theater and painting.
- Father – Sam Waterston (Actor)
- Mother – Lynn Louisa Woodruff (Former Model)
- Siblings – Katherine Waterston (Younger Sister) (Actress), Graham Waterston (Brother) (Writer, Filmmaker)
- Others – James Waterston (Older Half-Brother) (Actor, Pianist), Louis G. “Lou” Cancelmi (Father-in-Law) (Airline Executive), Annette Cancelmi (Mother-in-Law) (Teacher), Alice Tucker Atkinson (Paternal Grandmother), Annie Parisse (Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Michael Cancelmi (Brother-in-Law) (Italian Teacher), Paul Sparks (Brother-in-Law) (Actor), George Chychele Waterston (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Bispham Page (Paternal Great Grandmother), Robert Whitman Atkinson (Paternal Great Grandfather), George Waterston (Paternal Uncle), Roberta Waterston (Paternal Aunt), Ellen Waterston (Paternal Aunt)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elisabeth has dated –
- Louis Cancelmi (2006–Present) – Elisabeth got married to American actor Louis Cancelmi on October 21, 2006.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English and Scottish descent on her father’s side and English descent on her mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Has 2 moles on her neck
- Shoulder-length straight hair
- Charming smile
- Smoldering eyes
Elisabeth Waterston Favorite Things
- Actors – Mandy Patinkin, Stark Sands
Source – Broadway
Elisabeth Waterston Facts
- In 2004, Elisabeth shared the stage with her father and veteran actor Sam Waterston in a reprisal of the Shakespearean play Much Ado About Nothing. The duo replicated their real-life father-daughter relationship on stage with Elisabeth playing the character of Hero and Sam portraying Leonato. Incidentally, she was cast in the play well before her stalwart father was selected. The play was staged at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park, Manhattan, New York. The theatre holds special significance for her as her parents met there for the first time on a blind date in 1972.
- Elisabeth made her acting debut with the TV series Law & Order in 2000. Her father, Sam Waterston (1994-2010), her husband, Louis Cancelmi (2007), her sister-in-law, Annie Parisse (2002-2007), her brother-in-law, Paul Sparks (2000), and her older half-brother, James Waterston (1999) have all been featured in leading or supporting roles on that show, over the years.
- In 2008, she portrayed the character of Miranda in the off-Broadway production of the Shakespearean play The Tempest. In 2011, she portrayed the character of Dunyasha in the off-Broadway revival of the famed Russian playwright Anton Chekhov’s last play The Cherry Orchard. Both the plays were organized and performed by the New York-based Classic Stage Company Production.
- Elisabeth is also an accomplished painter who developed a love for it at an early age. She was influenced by her uncle, an abstract painter, and grandmother, a landscape and portrait painter. Her paintings have been exhibited and purchased at open studio events.
Featured Image by SirenSong Entertainment / Vimeo