|Elisabetta Cocciaretto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 25, 2001|
Elisabetta Cocciaretto is an Italian professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 29 in singles in August 2023 and world number 244 in doubles in August 2020 as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association – the principal organizing body of women’s professional tennis) rankings. At Grand Slam (Australian Open/French Open/Wimbledon Championships/US Open) tournaments, in the singles format, as of September 2023, her best performance was reaching the 3rd round of the 2023 French Open as well as the 3rd round of the 2023 Wimbledon Championships. As of August 2023, Elisabetta had won a solitary singles title on the WTA Tour (a worldwide top-tier tennis tour for women organized by the WTA) – the July 2023 Ladies Open Lausanne (a WTA 250 (the lowest tier of tournaments on the WTA Tour) event). At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, as of September 2023, her best performance was reaching the 2nd round of the 2022 Wimbledon Championships.
Ancona, Province of Ancona, Marche, Italy
Fermo, Province of Fermo, Marche, Italy
Elisabetta, after her high school graduation, joined The University of Camerino located in Camerino, a town in the province of Macerata that is situated in the central-eastern Italian region of Marche. She studied law there.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Piero Cocciaretto (Medical Informant)
- Mother – Jessica Cocciaretto (Accountant, Regional Councilor)
- Siblings – Alessandro Cocciaretto (Younger Brother)
She has been represented by Ugo Colombini, Manager and Booking Agent, Milan, Lombardy, Italy.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Italian descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
She has been sponsored by –
- The Wilson Sporting Goods Company (American sports equipment manufacturer)
- Australian (an Italian sports apparel manufacturer)
Elisabetta Cocciaretto Facts
- Elisabetta was introduced to the sport of tennis by her parents when she was about 6 years old. In her youth career, she reached a career-high combined (singles and doubles) ranking of 17 – achieved in February 2018.
- Her best performance at a Junior Grand Slam (Australian Open/French Open/Wimbledon Championships/US Open) tournament, in the girls’ singles format, was reaching the semi-final stage of the 2018 Australian Open.
- At the senior tier, Elisabetta first came into the spotlight in January 2023 when she reached the final of the Hobart International (a WTA 250 event). This was the first time that she had reached the final of a tournament on the WTA Tour.
- As a result of her performance in this tournament, she broke into the ‘Top 50’ of the official WTA singles rankings. She had achieved a career-high singles world ranking of 48, becoming the then 2nd-highest-ranked Italian female player in the WTA singles rankings.
- In late May 2023, Elisabetta achieved her first career win over a player ranked in the ‘Top 10’ of the official WTA singles rankings when she upset 10th seed and then world number 10 Petra Kvitová in straight sets in the 1st round of the 2023 French Open.
- Elisabetta was ranked 44th in the world at that time and this was just the 2nd time in her senior career that she had reached the 2nd round of a Grand Slam tournament. The first such instance was the 2022 Wimbledon Championships.
- At the 2023 French Open, she eventually reached the 3rd round – the first time she had reached the 3rd round of a Grand Slam tournament. Consequently, she achieved a career-high singles world ranking of 41, becoming the then-highest-ranked Italian female player in the WTA singles rankings.
Featured Image by Elisabetta Cocciaretto / Instagram