|Elissa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 27, 1972|
Elissa is a Lebanese singer who has released the solo studio albums Baddy Doub (1999), W Akherta Maak (2000), Ayshalak (2002), Ahla Dounya (2004), Bastanak (2006), Ayami Beek (2008), Tesadaa Bemeen (2010), Asaad Wahda (2012), Halet Hob (2014), Saharna Ya Lail (2016), Ila Kol Elli Bihebbouni (2018), and Sahbit Raey (2020). One of the most successful and highly acclaimed musical artists in the Arab world, she has sold more than 30 million records globally. She is also well recognized for her work as a judge/mentor on The Voice: Ahla Sawt, the Arab edition of the competitive singing-based reality TV show The Voice.
Elissar Zakaria Khoury
Deir Al-Ahmar, Baalbek, Lebanon
Elissa, after her high school graduation, had joined the Lebanese University, the only public university in Beirut, Lebanon. She had graduated from there with a degree in political science.
- Father – Zakaria Khoury (d. 2004)
- Mother – Youmna Suud
- Siblings – Kameel Khoury (Brother), Norma Khoury (Sister), Jihad Khoury (Brother), Ghasan Khoury (Brother), Rita Khoury (Sister)
Arabic Pop, Romance, World Music
- EMI Group Limited (1998–1999)
- Music Master (2000–2003)
- Rotana Records (2004–2020)
- Universal Music Group MENA (Middle East and North Africa) (Distributor)
Elissa’s net worth had been $38 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elissa has dated –
- Judd Hirsch – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Lebanese descent on her father’s side and Syrian descent on her mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Gleaming face
- Affable smile
Elissa has served as the brand ambassador of –
- Head & Shoulders
- She had first come into the spotlight in 1992 when she had secured the ‘Silver’ medal in Studio El Fan, one of the Arab world’s first star-maker talent shows, held in Lebanon.
- For the titular single of her 3rd studio album, titled Ayshalak (I Live For You) (2002), she had filmed the music video in Paris and had been dressed by Christian Dior. This was the first time that the Paris-based fashion house had worked with an Arab artist.
- In 2005, she had become the first Lebanese singer to have won a World Music Award. This was in the category of ‘Best Selling Middle Eastern Artist’, a feat that she had repeated in both 2006 and 2010.
- In August 2018, she had released the music video for a single titled Ila Kol Elli Bihebbouni. At the end of the video, she had shared a message revealing that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer in December 2017 and that she had recovered completely after treatment. The music video had gone viral and had garnered more than 9 million views within a week of its release. Her message that had raised awareness about the disease was widely applauded across the middle east.
- In August 2019, she had announced that she would be retiring from her illustrious singing career after the release of her upcoming studio album Sahbit Raey (2020), the 12th of her career. She had stated that the reason behind her decision was that she was tired of the high-handedness of the music industry and that the executives used to behave like the mafia.
Featured Image by Elissa / Instagram