|Elvis Duran Quick Info
|5 ft 6.5 in
|Date of Birth
|August 5, 1964
Elvis Duran is an American radio personality who is best known for having served as the host of the daily morning radio program Elvis Duran and the Morning Show. He previously worked as an on-air personality at WIOQ in Philadelphia and served as WIOQ‘s program director from May 1989 to February 1990. He has also appeared in films like Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! and Die Hard with a Vengeance. During the course of his career, Elvis has been honored with numerous awards such as the New York’s Achievement in Radio Award and Radio Music Award.
McKinney, Texas, U.S.
Elvis studied mass communication at North Texas State University and he was mostly on the air weekends in Dallas. He didn’t graduate from college because the teacher failed him.
He had to choose between continuing his college education or do a full-time night shift in San Antonio and he chose Radio.
Radio Personality, Producer, and Actor
“Premiere Radio Networks” manages Elvis Duran and the Morning Show.
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
73 kg or 161 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elvis Duran has dated –
- Alex Carr (2014-Present) – Elvis started dating Alex in 2014. Alex Carr is a zookeeper at the Staten Island Zoo. The couple got engaged on July 13, 2018 and got married at the Richmond County Surrogate Court on August 22, 2019. They had a wedding ceremony on September 14, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Elvis came out as gay publicly in the year 2010.
- Radiant Smile
- Appealing Voice
- He appeared in the 96.5 FM Kiss Cleveland commercial.
- After coming out as gay in 2010, he has been associated with various gay empowering and LGBT communities. He works closely with GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) and the Trevor Project.
Best Known For
Hosting the nationally syndicated show “Elvis Duran and The Morning Show” on Z100.
He appeared in the 1995 movie Die Hard with a Vengeance as a Radio Jockey.
First TV Show
In 2004, Elvis was seen in a cameo appearance on the TV show On-Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Elvis shed 105 pounds between 2014 and 2015 within the time gap of 8 months. He had always been worried about his weight issues, so he went through a bariatric surgical procedure which is called “gastric sleeve”. In this, almost 85% of his stomach was removed.
Elvis Duran Favorite Things
- Greasy Food – Fried Shrimp
- Interviewed Artist – Lady Gaga
- Tavern – Walker’s in New York City
- Netflix Series – Ozark
- Song – What Do You Mean by Justin Bieber
- Movie – Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?
- Food – Chicken Parm
Elvis Duran Facts
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for radio at 1717 Vine Street in California on March 2, 2017.
- Many times, “Elvis Duran and The Morning Show” has been named as the most listened to Morning Show in the USA.
- Previously, he has been awarded as the “Personality of the Year” by Radio Music Award and “Best Personality” by Radio and Records.
- He has also been nominated by Billboard Magazine Radio on the list of “Best Top 40 Disc Jockey” and “Best Major Market top 40 air Personality” by Billboard Airplay Monitor in the past.
- Elvis also got featured on Out Magazine’s “20th Anniversary Out 100” list as one of the Most Influential figures in the LGBT community in the year 2014.
- Elvis has a Schnauzer dog named “Max” as a pet.
- Elvis launched his own entertainment company known as The Elvis Duran Group (EDG) in 2007 and it focuses on creating content for radio, television, broadband, internet, theater, and films.
- Elvis is associated with the Staten Island Zoo and contributes annual funding to them. He also works for the Robin Hood Foundation, which fights poverty in New York.
- Elvis Duran also supports American Pediatric Cancer Charity Foundation called Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation.
- Elvis was the Grand Marshal of the Miami Beach Gay Pride Parade held in 2016.
- In April 2018, he was inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters’ Broadcasting Hall of Fame.
- In 2019, Elvis published his first book titled Where Do I Begin? Stories (I Sort of Remember) from a Life Lived Out Loud.
Featured Image by xxyyzz / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0