|Emeli Sandé Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1987|
Emeli Sandé is a Scottish singer, songwriter, and musician who rose to fame after working as a featured artist on the 2009 Chipmunk track Diamond Rings. Her discography consists of albums, tracks, and extended plays like Our Version of Events, Real Life, Hurts, I’ll Get There (The Other Side), You Are Not Alone, Shine, Long Live the Angels, Kingdom Coming, Next to Me, Heaven, Breathing Underwater, My Kind of Love, Highs & Lows, Sparrow, and Extraordinary Being. She was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2017 Birthday Honours for her services to music.
Adele Emily Sande
Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Emeli first went to school at Alford Academy (School of Ambition and a secondary school) in Alford, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Her dad was a teacher there.
After completing her schooling, Emeli was offered to sign a record deal with Telstar Records. However, she refused and decided to continue her education at the University of Glasgow, where she studied medicine. She graduated after five years of study and achieved a degree in neuroscience.
Singer, musician, songwriter
- Father – Joel Sande (Teacher)
- Mother – Diane Sande-Wood
- Siblings – She has a sister
Emeli has been signed with –
- Coda Music Agency, LLP.
- Dawbell, Ltd., Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
R&B, soul, gospel
- Virgin EMI Records
Her net worth had been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
115 lbs or 52 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emeli Sande has dated –
- Daniel Caruana – She has been romantically involved with music manager Daniel Caruana in the past.
- Hypo – She once had an affair with rapper Hypo.
- Adam Gouraguine (2005–2014) – Emeli met Adam, a Montenegrin marine biologist, in 2005 in the Scottish city of Aberdeen. They spent 7 years in a relationship before officially getting married on September 15, 2012, in Montenegro (Adam’s home country). However, after only being married for a short while, Emeli and Adam divorced. It was revealed in November 2014 by Emeli.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and White)
Sande has Zambian roots on her father’s side and is of English descent on her mother’s side.
- Undercut hairstyle
- Soprano vocal range
34-27-34 in or 86-68.5-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Emeli has appeared in the O2 Tracks TV commercial and Jaguar XE 2015 Interview commercial with Car Jam TV.
Best Known For
Emeli is well known for winning two Brit Awards in 2013, one for British Album of the Year and the other for Best British Female Artist.
She is also known for releasing numerous music hits such as Next to Me (was ranked at number 2 on the UK Singles Chart list), My Kind of Love, Clown, Daddy ft Naughty Boy, and Heaven.
Sande released her first album on February 13, 2012, by the name Our Version of Events via EMI and Virgin Records. The album was ranked at #1 on the UK and Irish Albums Chart and was able to sell 2,076,000 copies in just the UK and 155,000 copies in the US.
The album’s running time is 48:56 with a total of 14 tracks (in standard edition) including her popular songs My Kinds of Love, Heaven, Daddy, Next to Me, and Clown.
First TV Show
In 2011, Sande appeared in the popular reality singing TV show The Xtra Factor as herself. She showed up in episode #8.23.
Emeli Sande went through a weight loss diet.
You can check her body transformation on Daily Mail UK.
Emeli Sande Favorite Things
- Tour City – New York City (in NY, US), Portland (in Oregon, US)
- Artist – Nina Simone
Emeli Sande Facts
- When Emeli was four, she and her family moved to Alford, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
- Her parents had met in Sunderland, while they were attending the same university.
- At the age of 11, Sande wrote her first song for a primary-school talent show.
- Emeli has a tattoo of the portrait of Frida Kahlo on her forearm. Frida is a Mexican painter who had a great influence on Emeli. The tattoo symbolizes strength and bravery.
- Sande had her first performance in London, aged 15 when she was invited by Choice FM (Richard Blackwood was working at Choice FM at that time) to participate in their “Rapology” competition. Richard then invited her to sing gospel at MTV’s Camden studios too.
- She has collaborated with Naughty Boy more than 10 times.
- Emeli has performed at the 2012 Olympics in London, both during the opening and closing ceremonies.
- Sande has written songs for popular artists including Tinchy Stryder, Rihanna, Alesha Dixon, and Leona Lewis.
- She and Naughty Boy together have worked on the album I am Chipmunk (Chipmunk’s first album).
- At an early age, Emeli learned to play the piano.
- She is one of the faces of Fashion Targets Breast Cancer.
- On September 13, 2019, she released her 3rd studio album titled Real Life. The album peaked at number #2 on the Scottish Albums (OCC) chart, at number #6 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart, and at number #9 on the Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) chart.
- Emeli created her own program called “Community Clavinova” in partnership with Yamaha. The program focused on giving an opportunity to every organization worldwide to earn a digital piano (Clavinova) for free.
- Visit Sande’s official website @ emelisande.com.