Adele Emily Sande
Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, England
Emeli first went to school at Alford Academy (School of Ambition and a secondary school) in Alford, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Her dad was a teacher there.
After completing her schooling, Emeli was offered to sign a record deal with Telstar Records. However, she refused and decided to continue her education at the University of Glasgow, where she studied medicine. She graduated after five years of study and achieved a degree in neuroscience.
Singer, musician, songwriter
- Father – Joel Sande (Teacher)
- Mother – Diane Sande-Wood
- Siblings – She has a sister
Emeli is signed with Coda Music Agency, LLP.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
115 lbs or 52 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emeli Sande dated –
- Adam Gouraguine (2005–2014) – Emeli met Adam, a Montenegrin marine biologist in 2005 in the Scottish city of Aberdeen. They spent 7 years in a relationship before officially getting married on September 15, 2012, in Montenegro (Adam’s home country). However, after only one year of marriage, Emeli and Adam divorced. It was revealed in November 2014 by Emeli.
Race / Ethnicity
Sande has Zambian and English ancestry.
- Undercut hairstyle
- Soprano vocal range
34-27-34 in or 86-68.5-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Emeli has appeared in O2 Tracks TV commercial and Jaguar XE 2015 Interview commercial with Car Jam TV.
Best Known For
Emeli is well known for winning two Brit Awards in 2013, one for British Album of the Year and the other for Best British Female Artist.
She is also known for releasing numerous music hits such as Next to Me (was ranked at number 2 on the UK Singles Chart list), My Kind of Love, Clown, Daddy ft Naughty Boy and Heaven.
Sande released her first album on February 13, 2012 by the name Our Version of Events via EMI and Virgin Records. The album was ranked at #1 on the UK and Irish Albums Chart and was able to sell 2,076,000 copies in just UK and 155,000 copies in the US.
The album’s running time is 48:56 with a total of 14 tracks (in standard edition) including her popular songs My Kinds of Love, Heaven, Daddy, Next to Me and Clown.
Emeli hasn’t appeared in a movie yet.
First TV Show
In 2011, Sande appeared in the popular reality singing TV show The Xtra Factor as herself. She showed up in the episode #8.23.
Emeli Sande went through a weight loss diet.
You can check her body transformation on Daily Mail UK.
Emeli Sande Favorite Things
- Tour City – New York City (in NY, US), Portland (in Oregon, US)
- Artist – Nina Simone
Emeli Sande Facts
- When Emeli was four, she and her family moved to Alford, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
- Her parents had met in Sunderland, while they were attending the same university.
- At the age of 11, Sande wrote her first song for a primary-school talent show.
- Emeli has a tattoo of the portrait of Frida Kahlo on her forearm. Frida is a Mexican painter who had great influence on Emeli. The tattoo points for strength and bravery.
- Sande had her first performance in London, aged 15, when she was invited by Choice FM (Richard Blackwood was working at Choice FM at that time) to participate in their “Rapology” competition. Richard then invited her to sing gospel at MTV’s Camden studios too.
- She has collaborated with Naughty Boy for more than 10 times.
- Emeli has performed at the 2012 Olympics in London, both during the opening and closing ceremonies.
- Sande has written songs for popular artists including Tinchy Stryder, Rihanna, Alesha Dixon and Leona Lewis.
- She and Naughty Boy together have worked on the album I am Chipmunk (Chipmunk’s first album).
- At an early age, Emeli learned to play piano.
- She is one of the faces of Fashion Targets Breast Cancer.
- Emeli created her own program called “Community Clavinova” in partnership with Yamaha. The program focused on giving an opportunity to every organization worldwide to earn a digital piano (Clavinova) for free.
- Visit Sande’s official website @ emelisande.com.
- Follow Emeli on her Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Tumblr.