|Erika Toda Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 17, 1988|
Erika Toda is a Japanese actress who is best known for her work in films such as Death Note (2006), Ten Nights of Dream (2007), L: Change the World (2008), Amalfi: Megami No 50-Byou (2009), Liar Game: The Final Stage (2010), Andalucia: Revenge of the Goddess (2011), SPEC: Close (2013), and Death Note: Light Up the New World (2016). She is also well recognized for portraying characters such as Mariko Uehara in the TV series Nobuta wo Produce (2005), Hida Harumi in the Japanese TV series Engine (2005), Saki in the TV series Gal Circle (2006), Kanzaki Nao in the drama TV series Liar Game (2007), Mihoko Hiyama in the drama TV series Code Blue (2008-2017), and Shizuna Ariake in the TV series Ryūsei no Kizuna (2008).
Nada-ku, Kobe, Hyōgo, Japan
Tokyo, Kantō, Honshu, Japan
Erika had attended the Horikoshi High School, a private school in Nakano, Tokyo, Japan.
- Siblings – She has an older brother and a younger sister.
She is represented by FLaMme Japan K. K., Talent Management and HR Consulting Firm, Tokyo, Kantō, Honshu, Japan.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Erika has dated –
- Ryô Kase (2016)
- Tori Matsuzaka (2020-Present) – Erika’s management team had announced on December 10, 2020, that she had married fellow Japanese actor Tori Matsuzaka. They had co-starred in the 2015 Japanese comedy-drama suspense film April Fools.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Japanese descent.
- Slender frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
- Has a mole on her neck
Erika, on social media, has endorsed numerous brands and products including –
- Cartier International SNC
- Suntory Beverages
- SUNAO ice cream
She had also been featured in a 2019 TV commercial for Tokyo-based Taiju Life Insurance, a subsidiary of Nippon Life, the largest Japanese life insurance company by revenue.
Erika Toda Facts
- She had started her acting career in 2000, aged just 12, playing the character of Takino Yoshioka in a TV series called Audrey. She had then taken a 4-year break during which she had experimented with fashion/gravure adult modeling.
- For her portrayal of the character of Shizuna Ariake in the drama TV series Ryūsei no Kizuna (2008), she had won the ‘Best Supporting Actress’ award at the 59th Television Drama Academy Awards (2009) as well as the 2nd Tokyo Drama Awards (2009).
- The same year, she had been honored with the ‘Newcomer of the Year’ award at the Elan d’or Awards, presented annually by the All Nippon Producers Association (ANPA) in Japan to recognize outstanding achievements in domestic motion pictures and television.
- For her portrayal of the character of Tōma Saya in the drama TV series Keizoku 2: SPEC (2010), she had won the ‘Best Actress’ award at the 2011 Television Drama Academy Awards.
- Her hobbies/interests include playing the piano and calligraphy (a visual art related to writing that includes the design and execution of lettering with a pen, ink brush, or another writing instrument).
- In 2012, for her portrayal of the character of Aoto Junko in the TV series Kagi no Kakatta Heya (2012), she had won the ‘Best Supporting Actress’ award at the Television Drama Academy Awards.
Featured Image by Erika Toda / Instagram