|Ernie Reyes Jr. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1972|
Ernie Reyes Jr. is an American actor, martial artist, director, stuntman, producer, and writer who is known for having been cast in various roles in shows and movies such as Surf Ninjas, The Red Canvas, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Red Sonja, The Last Dragon, NCIS: Los Angeles, and White Wolves II: Legend of the Wild. Also, he has done the stuntwork for several of his on-screen characters.
Ernie E. Reyes Jr.
San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Actor, Martial Artist, Director, Stuntman, Producer, Writer
- Father – Ernie Reyes Sr. (Martial Artist, Actor, Fight Choreographer)
- Mother – Sue Asinas
- Siblings – Lee Reyes (Younger Brother) (Actor, Boxer), Santino Ramos (Younger Brother) (Filmmaker, Actor, Producer, Voiceover Artist), Ki Reyes (Younger Brother) (Actor), Destiny Reyes (Younger Sister) (Actress), Espirit Reyes (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Ernesto Reyes (Paternal Grandfather), Valentina Reyes (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ernie Reyes Jr. has dated –
- Lisa Reyes (2009-Present) – He got married to Lisa Reyes in November 2009 and they parent a daughter named Lotus Blossom who has also been cast in a couple of acting projects.
Race / Ethnicity
Ernie Reyes Jr. is of Filipino descent.
- Always wears a cap
- Shaved head
Ernie Reyes Jr. Facts
- He is the oldest sibling.
- His paternal grandparents were Filipino immigrants who came to California in the 1920s.
- Ernie Reyes Jr. was around 6 years old when he joined his father’s group, the “West Coast Demo Team”.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Tai (Karate Student) in the 1985 martial arts comedy film, The Last Dragon.
- In 1993, he appeared as Johnny in the family comedy film, Surf Ninjas, in which he co-starred alongside his father and other actors including Rob Schneider, Tone Lōc, John Karlen, and Leslie Nielsen.
- Ernie Reyes Jr. wrote as well as directed the 1998 action film, The Process, in which he also appeared as Jesse.
- His health problems came to light in June 2015 when it was reported that he was suffering from kidney failure and was in need of a transplant.
- His sister has revealed that he undergoes dialysis 3 times per week for 4 hours each day and to get help with his medical expenses, the family has set up a GoFundMe campaign.
- As a producer, Ernie Reyes Jr. has worked on projects like Wiz Khalifa: Rolling Papers 2, Money Fight, and Surf Ninjas.
- He has been trained in Muay Thai and has also participated in a couple of competitions.
- Ernie Reyes Jr. holds a 4th Dan (Degree) Black Belt in Taekwondo.
- He has worked as a stuntman in films like Alice in Wonderland, Act of Valor, and Avatar.
Featured Image by Rubenstein / Flickr / CC BY 2.0