|Fahriye Evcen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1986|
Fahriye Evcen is a German-born Turkish actress and model who has been cast in a variety of shows and movies such as Aşk Tutulması, Kurt Seyit ve Şura, Yaprak Dökümü, Çalıkuşu, Spur des terrors takiye / Takiye: Allah Yolunda, Cennet, Hasret, Signora Enrica, Aşk Sana Benzer, Alparslan: Büyük Selçuklu, Evim Sensin, Yalancı Bahar, Sonsuz Aşk, Asla Unutma, Veda, and Ölene Kadar.
Solingen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
German and Turkish
Fahriye Evcen studied at the Sociology Department of Heinrich-Heine University in Düsseldorf.
However, she dropped out of the university after 1 year to focus on her acting career in Turkey.
She didn’t sacrifice her education completely for the sake of her acting career and got enrolled at the Boğaziçi University in Istanbul, from where she graduated in 2014 with a degree in history.
Actress and model
- Siblings – Ayşen Evcen (Older Sister), Demet Evcen (Older Sister), Neşe Evcen (Older Sister)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Fahriye Evcen has dated –
- Özcan Deniz (2008-2010) – Fahriye started going out with Turkish actor and singer Özcan Deniz in 2008. They were reportedly together for little under two years and decided to go separate ways in 2010.
- Burak Özçivit (2013-Present) – Evcen started going out with model and actor Burak Özçivit in 2013. They had reportedly grown close while working on the TV series Çalıkuş. After dating for around 4 years, they got married in June 2017 in a lavish wedding ceremony, which was attended by leading personalities from the Turkish film industry. They had reportedly planned to go on a honeymoon to the Maldives. On April 13, 2019, the duo was blessed with their first child – a son named Karan. In 2022, it was reported that she was pregnant with the couple’s 2nd child.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Turkish ancestry, whereas, on her mother’s side, she is of Circassian origin.
- High cheekbones
- Angelic face
34-27-36 in or 86-68.5-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
6 (US) or 3.5 (UK) or 36.5 (EU)
Fahriye Evcen has a lucrative endorsement deal with the cosmetics giant L’Oreal.
In 2016, she was also made the spokesperson for the Turkish clothing brand, Koton.
In addition to that, she has been cast in adverts for many other brands which include Ülker Golf Bravo, Divanev, and Prima.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Necla Tekin in the popular Turkish family drama, Yaprak Dökümü (known in English as The Fall of Leaves or The Falling Leaves)
- Having played the role of Feride in the Turkish romantic drama TV series, Çalıkuşu (known in English as The Wren) from 2013 to 2014. This role earned her a Golden Sebilj Award in the “Actress of the Year” category in 2016.
- Having portrayed Pinar in the romantic comedy movie, Aşk Tutulması (2008)
In 2007, Fahriye made her first film appearance in the movie, Cennet.
First TV Show
In 2005, Fahriye made her TV show debut in the Turkish sitcom, Asla Unutma.
Fahriye Evcen Facts
- Apart from her native Turkish and German language, she is also fluent in Spanish and English.
- She got her start in the Turkish film industry after she was introduced to producer Ibrahim Mertoğlu by actress Oya Aydoğan, while Fahriye was on holiday in Turkey.
- Before she got her entry into the film industry, she was a member of the audience in the TV show hosted by Oya Aydoğan.
- She has collaborated with the Turkish clothing brand, Soton to launch her exclusive clothing line.
- Alongside Claudia Cardinale, İsmail Hacıoğlu, Lavinia Longhi, Teoman Kumbaracıbaşı, Nilay Cennetkuşu, Bedia Ener, Sema Çeyrekbaşı, and Murat Karasu, she co-starred as Young Signora Enrica in the 2010 Italo-Turkish comedy-drama film Signora Enrica (Turkish: Sinyora Enrica ile İtalyan Olmak).
- She brought to life the character of Leyla in the 2012 fantasy romantic drama film Evim Sensin and this performance won her the YTÜ Stars of the Year Award for “Most Admired Cinema Actress”, Siyaset Dergisi Award for “Cinema Actress of the Year”, and MGD 19th Golden Lens Award for “Best Female Cinema Actress”.
- She was honored as the “Most Stylish Actress of the Year” at the 2014 Elle Styles Awards.
- In 2015, she appeared as Deniz/Defne in the drama film Aşk Sana Benzer. For this role, she won the YTÜ Stars of the Year Award in the “Most Popular Cinema Actress” category.
- She started playing the role of Akça “Aybike” Hatun (Alparslan’s fiancée who is the daughter of Nizamülmülk and Meryem Hatun) in the historical action-adventure drama series Alparslan: Büyük Selçuklu in 2021.