|Falguni Nayar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 19, 1963|
Falguni Nayar is a reputed Indian businesswoman who has found immense success as the founder and CEO of the cosmetics retail brand Nykaa since 2012.
FM (called by Sanjay)
Bombay (now Mumbai), Maharashtra, India
Falguni attended Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics from 1980 to 1983 and graduated with a commerce degree.
Furthermore, she received an MBA degree in Finance from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad in 1985.
As of December 8, 2021, Falguni’s net worth was $6.66 billion according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Falguni has dated –
- Sanjay Nayar (1987-Present) – Falguni and Sanjay Nayar, who is the CEO of global investment firm KKR India, exchanged wedding vows in 1987. The couple is proud parents to twins – a daughter named Adwaita Nayar and a son named Anchit Nayar.
Race / Ethnicity
Falguni Nayar Favorite Things
- Spirit – Caipiroska
- TV Show – Friends
- Champagne – Moet & Chandon Rosé
- Wine – Château Latour
- Restaurant – Hakkasan in London
- Shoe Designer – Salvatore Ferragamo
- Motto In Life – Retail is Detail
- Café – Café Zoe in Mumbai
Source – Business Standard
Falguni Nayar Facts
- She founded the beauty, fashion, and wellness brand called Nykaa (derived from the Sanskrit word ‘nayaka’ meaning actress) in April 2012 at the age of 49.
- Falguni is very fond of wearing sarees.
- Her rapid rise to success has earned her numerous awards including the ‘EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019 – Start-up’ by Ernst and Young; ‘Business Person of the Year’ by Vogue India in 2019; and ‘Businesswoman of the Year’ at the Economic Times Awards for Corporate Excellence, 2019, etc.
- Under Falguni’s leadership, Nykaa became India’s 1st ever woman-led unicorn startup (which means a privately-held startup that has reached a valuation of more than $1 billion).
Featured Image by Falguninayar1 / Instagram