|Frank Lampard Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 20, 1978|
Frank James Lampard
Lamps, Fat Frank, Super Frankie, The Professor
Romford, London, England
Frank Lampard went to the prestigious Brentwood School in Essex from 1989 to 1994. He was a bright student and even managed to get A* grade in Latin. After finishing school, he joined West Ham United youth squad as an apprentice.
He finished his high school education with twelve GCSEs.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Frank Lampard Sr. (Played professional football for West Ham United and Southend United. He also worked as an assistant manager under his brother-in-law Harry Redknapp at West Ham for 7 years)
- Mother – Patricia Lampard (Housewife)
- Siblings – Natalie Lampard (Sister), Claire Lampard (Sister)
- Others – Harry Redknapp (Uncle) (Former Manager of Portsmouth (Twice), Southampton, Bournemouth, West Ham United, Tottenham Hotspur and Queens Park Rangers), Jamie Redknapp (Cousin) (Played for Liverpool, Bournemouth, Southampton and Tottenham Hotspur and worked with Sky Sports as pundit)
Frank is represented by Steve Kutner of SK Management.
While at West Ham United, he used to wear a number 18 shirt.
For most of his career with Chelsea FC, he wore the number 8 shirt.
For the MLS club New York City FC, he again wore a number 8 shirt.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Frank Lampard has dated –
- Martine McCutcheon (2007) – Frank Lampard had a short-lived affair with English singer, television personality, and actress Martine McCutcheon, which started in August 2007 and ended within a couple of months.
- Linnea Dietrichson – Frank Lampard had a fling with Danish model Linnea Dietrichson.
- Suzanne Shaw (2002) – Lampard went out with English actress and singer, Suzanne Shaw for about one month in 2002.
- Liz McClarnon (2002) – English pop singer Liz McClarnon and Lampard started going out in March 2002 and went on to date each other for nine months before ending their relationship in December 2002.
- Elen Rivas (2002-2008) – After a series of short-lived affairs and relationships, Frank found a stable relationship with Spanish model Elen Rivas and went on to have two daughters with her, viz., Luna (b. August 22, 2005) and Isla (b. May 20, 2007). They had met at the Wellington Club in Knightsbridge, where Elen used to work. They had even got engaged, however, their relationship ended in November 2008 amongst claims that Lampard had cheated on his partner.
- Montserrat Lucas (2007) – Montserrat Lucas is rumored to be the reason behind the breakdown of Frank and Elen’s relationship. It was reported that the English midfielder slept with Spanish beauty in his private suite at the Juan Carlos hotel in Barcelona, about 24 hours before his team’s Champions League against the Catalan club. Lucas went on to sell her story to the tabloids and started the end of Frank’s relationship with Elen.
- Saskia Boxford (2009) – After the end of his stable relationship with Elen, Frank found solace in a relationship with Saskia Boxford for a short period. The Chelsea star went on a string of dates with Boxford and she even joined other English WAGs to watch England play against Ukraine at the Wembley Stadium on April 1, 2009. However, soon after Frank dumped her for being too clingy.
- Christine Bleakley (2009-Present) – Frank Lampard was introduced to his current wife Christine Bleakley at the Mirror’s Pride of Britain awards on October 5, 2009, by former Mirror editor Piers Morgan. Interesting thing is that she almost missed the event as she had to attend a BBC event later. Frank took her number at the event and they started talking on a daily basis. After more than two years of dating, Frank proposed to Christine on a beach in Los Angeles during summer break. Four years later, they tied the knot at Saint Paul’s Church in Knightsbridge, central London on December 20, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue Eyes
- Slight Stocky Build
- Brown Hair
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 10.5 (US).
Frank Lampard is considered as one of the finest midfielders of his generation, the distinction which has helped him earn some prestigious endorsements. He has lucrative brand promotion campaigns with Pepsi and Adidas. Also, he has worked in an ambassadorial role with the Rotary watches.
Best Known For
- His signature late-surging runs into the penalty box from the midfield during his team’s attacking phases.
- Being the highest goal scorer for his former club Chelsea FC. He broke Bobby Tambling’s long-standing record of 202 goals with a late goal in a 2-1 victory against his former club West Ham United on May 11, 2013.
First Soccer Match
Frank Lampard played his debut match for West Ham United against Coventry City on January 31, 1996. He was sent in the second half for John Moncur by his uncle Harry Redknapp.
His first match for Chelsea FC in the Premier league was against Newcastle United on August 19, 2001. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.
On August 1, 2015, he made his debut for New York City FC in a 2-3 home defeat against Montreal Impact at the Yankee Stadium. In the match, he replaced Andrew Jacobson during the 69th minute.
His first international match for England was against Belgium on October 10, 1999. The match ended as a 2-1 victory for the English side.
- Through balls
- Late Runs
- Long Distance Shots
- Free Kicks
- Ability to read game
Lampard’s first appearance in a film came in 2009 with the sports movie Goal! III, in which he appeared as himself.
First TV Show
Frank’s first TV show was This Is Your Life in which he appeared as himself in 1992 in just one episode.
Frank Lampard Favorite Things
- Food – Italian Food. Especially, chicken Milanese at Scalini restaurant in Knightsbridge.
- Dessert – Apple Crumble
- Music – Pompeii by Bastille
- Children’s Book – The BFG by Roald Dahl
- Subject – History
- Goal – One scored against Barcelona at Camp Nou on October 31, 2006, in Champions League 2-2 draw. You can see that exquisite clip here.
Frank Lampard Facts
- Frank has an IQ of more than 150. The test was conducted by a Chelsea club doctor to research the impact of head injuries on footballers’ neurological development. Only 0.1 percent of the world population manages to record scores above 150.
- For his immense contribution to the game, he was awarded an OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) on June 13, 2015, during Queen’s birthday honors.
- Once he was docked by the club along with his three teammates John Terry, Jody Morris and Eidur Gudjohnsen for disgraceful behavior after a drunken binge on September 12, 2001. They were found guilty of shouting abuses at the American passengers at the Heathrow Airport just 24 hours after the terrorist attack on World Trade Center.
- In 2000, he was caught on tape along with fellow players Rio Ferdinand and Kieron Dyer having s^x with a blonde at the holiday resort of Ayia Napa in Cyprus. The video footage was later used by the Channel to create a documentary titled S^x, Footballers and Videotape.
- During the 2010 FIFA World Cup, in a round of 16-match against Germany, his long-range shot in the first half crashed off the underside of the goal post and clearly cleared the line before bouncing out. However, the goal wasn’t given and England eventually lost by 4-1.
- Lampard was also embroiled in a heated argument with his West Ham United teammate Paolo Di Canio over who would take a penalty in a home match against Bradford at Upton Park in February 2000. West Ham was trailing 2-4 at that point. Lampard was the designated penalty taker for the team, however, Paolo wanted to take the penalty himself. In the end, Paolo prevailed and he went on to bury his penalty to make the score 4-3 in favor of Bradford. The match finished 5-4 in the end.
- During the 2010 World Cup, he also achieved another unwanted record by attempting 37 shots on goal during the whole tournament without scoring a single goal. This was the highest number of shots on target since the 1966 World Cup without a single goal.
- Frank is one of the 9 players to play more than 100 games for the national team of England and has played in three World Cups and two Euro tournaments for the three lions until late 2016.
- Although most football players harbor ambitions of becoming managers, Frank is a bit different in that aspect. He has expressed his ambition to compete in the infamous Ironman triathlon which is one of the most challenging competitions.
- Lampard has also tasted success in the writing business. His children’s books, which have been published as part of Frankie’s Magic Football series by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers have been a decent success. The books revolve around the adventures of Frankie, his naughty older brother Kevin and his friends. Frank has revealed that his objective behind writing children’s books is that he wants his two daughters to know the necessity of reading from a young age.
- Apart from holding the record of being the highest goal-scoring midfielder in English Premier League with 161 goals, he has the second-highest number of assists in the league after Ryan Giggs. Ryan has 162 assists to his name in the league and Frank has recorded 102, as of October 2016.
- Frank also holds the record for making the most number of Premier League appearances without missing a match. He played 164 consecutive matches before sitting out of the match against Manchester City on December 28, 2005, due to illness.
- For his tremendous performances over the years, he has won a number of high-profile awards including Premier League Player of the Season for two consecutive seasons – 2004/2005 and 2005/2006. He also finished runner-up behind Ronaldinho for the FIFA Player of the Year award in 2005.
- Visit his official website @ www.frankiesmagicfootball.co.uk.