|Ross O’Donovan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1987|
Ross O’Donovan is an Australian voice actor, artist, Internet personality, and animator best known as the co-host of the web show, Steam Train with Dan Avidan, starting in 2013. The show was a spin-off of Arin Hanson‘s Let’s Play gaming web show, Game Grumps that he hosted with Dan Avidan. Ross himself provided the concept for Steam Train, based on the name of a PC gaming platform and retailer, Steam and imagined it as the 2nd prominent show on the Game Grumps platform. After the 2nd season of Steam Train, some of the parameters were changed and upgraded, thus allowing other Game Grumps internet personalities to co-host in place of Dan Avidan. Starting in 2004, he also published his animations to an entertainment social media website, Newgrounds under the name “RubberNinja.” However, when it came time to create his YouTube channel, the name was taken, so he decided to upload content under the name “RubberRoss.”
In 2014, he finally gained the ability to rename his channel to the nickname he was best known for. Ross also came to prominence as a co-host of other web shows on the platform, such as Hunting Monsters, Grumpcade, Guild Grumps, Doodle Doods, Dragons in Place, and Steam Rolled. He was also the creator of the animated web shows Gameoverse and GamerTonight on his personal YouTube channel. Ross was also behind the animations in the Australian YouTube Premium comedy series, Good Game in 2017, which was voiced and co-written by Arin. As a voice actor in video games, Ross has voiced characters of Double Denim Bridge Troll in the video game Paradigm (2017) and Mr. Dicky in the game Pinstripe (2017), while in 2019 he voiced the character of Shinji in the video game River City Girls. He has also garnered a large social media fanbase with more than 600k subscribers on his personal YouTube channel, more than 600k followers on Twitter, and more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Ross Kenry O’Donovan
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ross attended and later graduated from Corpus Christi College in Perth, Western Australia, Australia.
After graduation, he attended the Film and Television Institute of Western Australia in Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia, and studied and instructed animation.
Artist, Animator, Voice Actor, Internet Personality
- Siblings – Rebecca O’Donovan Marsh (Sister) (Journalist)
- Others – Shaun Edward Marsh (Brother-in-Law) (Cricketer)
Ross O’Donovan, as part of Game Grumps, is represented by Creative Artists Agency (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ross O’Donovan has dated –
- Holly Ann Conrad (2012-2018) – On September 29, 2012, Ross married cosplayer, special effects artist, and prop maker Holly Ann Conrad. Holly was featured in the documentary movie Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope (2011) and SyFy channel’s reality-TV series Heroes of Cosplay (2013). However, after just a little less than 6 years of marriage, on September 19, 2018, both Ross and Holly went onto their respective Twitter accounts to announce they would go their separate ways but would remain on good terms. One of the reasons for the breakup was that Holly moved to Seattle, Washington, United States, while Ross remained in Los Angeles, California, United States. In May 2019, new rumors surfaced regarding a fellow YouTuber named ProJared. He was accused of cheating on his wife with Holly Conrad, which led to him to get a divorce soon after. Ross posted an update to his Twitter stating that he has moved on from Holly already and that it had absolutely nothing to do with him nor did he care to comment or get involved in the matter.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Signature dark brown fringe haircut
- Strong jawline
Best Known For
- Being a well-known animator, cartoon creator, and co-host of many web series under the Game Grumps internet platform with Dan Avidan and Arin Hanson, most notably Steam Train, Grumpcade, and Steam Rolled
- His social media fanbase with more than 600k subscribers on YouTube, more than 500k followers on Instagram, and more than 600k followers on Twitter
First Web Show
Ross O’Donovan made his first web show appearance as Excite Bike Hooligan in the Pandora’s Box episode of the action, comedy, crime series, There Will Be Brawl in September 2009.
As a voice actor, Ross O’Donovan made his first web show appearance as ‘Himself’ in the episode of short, comedy, talk-show, Steam Train in 2013.
At the advice of his fanbase and personal therapist, he started going to the gym in early July 2019 and reported feeling great. He also enjoys running in nature and riding a quad bike.
Ross O’Donovan Facts
- He hates talking about his personal life publicly.
- In 2015, he raised and donated $5k to cancer research through a 5-episode mini-series, titled Guild Grumps as part of Game Grumps. By March 2016, they raised more than $70k through Twitch charity live streams.
- After his fanbase noticed a certain gap in his uploading schedule in early September 2019, they asked him about it. Ross unwillingly told about his mom’s cancer diagnosis in her spine and stated that the situation was very bad. He also booked a flight from the United States to Australia as soon as he found out.
- He has a black cat named Orph.
- In 2018, Ross borrowed his voice to the characters of Tate/Leonard in the video game Monster Prom and a character VoiceVokas in the video game Star Control: Origins.
- Visit his entertainment group’s official website @ gamegrumps.com.
- Follow him as part of Game Grumps on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Patreon, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ross O’Donovan / Instagram