|Frédérique Bel Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|March 24, 1975
Frédérique Bel is a French actress known for portraying various important roles in popular films and TV shows like Fais Pas Ci, Fais Pas Ca, Au Bistro du Coin, and La Liste de Mes Envies. She has done endorsement work for brands like Bouygues, Darty, and Krys. Frédérique has a mild social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Annecy, Haute-Savoie, France
After completing her school education, Frédérique Bel got enrolled at the Marc Bloch University, Strasbourg and graduated with a degree in modern literature. She later earned a master’s degree and a DEUG in the history of arts from the university. Then, she joined classes at the University Theater of Strasbourg.
- Father – He worked as a grocer before starting working in hospitality and catering.
- Mother – She assisted her husband in first running the grocery business and then in catering and hospitality.
- Siblings – She has a sister.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’.
- Hazel eyes
- Narrow and long Face
Frédérique Bel has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Jockey Petit Encas
- Mir Laine Couleurs
Best Known For
- Having portrayed Dorothy Doll in the TV shorts as part of the nightly talk show, Le Grand Journal.
- Having appeared in recurring roles in a number of TV shows including Fais Pas Ci, Fais Pas Ca, and Profilage. She has also appeared in a couple of popular French movies such as Au Bistro du Coin and La Liste de Mes Envies.
In 2000, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy fantasy movie, Deuxième vie.
First TV Show
In 2004, Frédérique Bel made her first TV show appearance on the action crime TV series, Léa Parker.
Frédérique Bel Favorite Things
- Food – Tartiflette
Source – Journal Des Femmes
Frédérique Bel Facts
- In order to finance her acting and comedy classes, she used to work as a lingerie model.
- In 2010, she was hired to lend her voice to Barbie’s character in the French edition of the popular animated comedy movie, Toy Story 3.
- She has been appointed as the spokesperson of the non-profit organization, AMFE (Association Maladies Foie Enfants), which works on the prevention of liver disease in young children. She was even featured in the national campaign launched by AMFE.
- In January 2014, she posted her naked picture on her social media account to defend her right for the IVG (Interruption Volontaire de Grossesse, which translates to voluntary termination of pregnancy).
- In 2012, she was caught up in a controversy after she posted her naked picture to support François Hollande during the 2012 French presidential election. Her account was suspended by Twitter.
- In November 2014, her Facebook account was suspended after she shared two articles about the trafficking of women by ISIS. She took to her Twitter account to launch a scathing attack on Facebook for the censorship.
- Before she started focusing on her acting career, she wanted to become a teacher.
- She is a staunch supporter of the women’s rights and has often taken to her social media to defend women rights on numerous issues.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0