|G Flip Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1994|
G Flip is an Australian singer, songwriter, music producer, and drummer whose debut studio album titled About Us (2019) peaked at number 6 on the ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association) charts. The album helped them win the ‘Breakthrough Independent Artist of the Year’ award at the year’s edition of the Australian Independent Record Labels Association Awards. They had broken through in February 2018 when they had sent their debut track titled About You to Triple J, an Australian national youth radio station, who decided to play it on air the same day. In 2018, they were named the inaugural winner of the ARIA Emerging Artist Scholarship and were also nominated for a J Award in the category of ‘Unearthed Artist of the Year’.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
G Flip had attended the Star of the Sea College in Brighton, Victoria for their secondary schooling.
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer, Drummer
- Siblings – Sam Flipo (Sister)
They are represented by –
- Dan Zilber, General Manager, Future Classic, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Andy Gumley, Booking Agent (Australia/New Zealand), Village Sounds Agency, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Tom Windish, Booking Agent (the United States/Canada), Paradigm Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Latane Hughes, Booking Agent (the United States/Canada), Paradigm Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Matt Bates, Booking Agent (UK/Europe), Primary Talent International, London, England, United Kingdom
Pop, Indie Pop
Guitar, Drums, Bass Guitar, Piano, Vocals
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
G Flip has dated –
- Jemma Kayla Williams
- Chrishell Stause (2022-Present) – In May 2022, during an episode of the Netflix reality TV series Selling Sunset, Chrishell revealed that she and G Flip were dating. The couple had reportedly moved in together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Has a mole on their neck
- Has multiple tattoos on both their arms
G Flip Facts
- G Flip uses “they/them” pronouns.
- They started their career by performing for various Melbourne-based bands, including Empra, as a drummer and an occasional backup vocalist. In 2017, they decided to develop further as a solo artist and spent almost the entire year in their home writing songs and recording them.
- The music video for their debut single titled About You was completely filmed on their iPhone. It was released in March 2018 and made its way into YouTube’s New Music Playlist and was named ‘Best New Track’ by Pitchfork magazine.
- The success of the single led to an invite from the United States as they got an opportunity to perform their first solo stage show at the annual SXSW event in Austin, Texas, in April 2018.
- In December 2018, they were invited to perform live for the ABC network’s The Night is Yours event at the iconic Sydney Opera House, an annual new year’s eve celebration.
- In January 2019, their first 2 singles – About You and Killing My Time – both made it to the Triple J ‘Hottest 100’ list, an annual countdown of the most popular songs of the year voted for by the listeners of the radio station.
- In May 2022, G Flip released a new song titled Get Me Outta Here. The music video of the song features Chrishell Stause.
Featured Image by G Flip / Instagram