|Gaeko Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 14, 1981|
Gaeko is a South Korean rapper and hip hop recording artist who is best known to be a founding member of the group Dynamic Duo. Besides having released a number of hit albums and tracks alongside Choiza, he is also the voice behind his hit solo album Redingray (2014). With time, Gaeko has amassed a huge fan base with more than 450k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Seoul, South Korea
According to sources, Gaeko attended Hongik University from where he attained a major in Commercial Design.
- Father – Kim Sam-ryeon
Rap, Hip Hop
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gaeko has dated –
- Kim Soo-mi (2011-Present) – Gaeko married his girlfriend Kim Soo-mi on May 14, 2011. They have a son named Kim Rhythm (b. 2011) and later in 2015, they were blessed with a daughter. Soo-mi is a major in account finance.
Race / Ethnicity
Asian (South Korean)
- Rectangular face shape
- Thin eyebrows
Gaeko Favorite Things
- Tracks – Big Dusty by Joey Bada$$, Hey Baby by Crush featuring Zion.T, Walk On By by Isaac Hayes, A Song For You by Donny Hathaway, Kick In The Door by The Notorious B.I.G., The Message by Nas, Ex-Factor by Lauryn Hill, Make My by The Roots featuring Big K.R.I.T
Source – Koreaboo
- He was brought up in Seoul.
- Gaeko and Choiza met one another when they were in 6th grade and have remained friends ever since.
- At the time he got married in 2011, Gaeko served to the military.
- Initially, Gaeko had formed the underground rap group alongside Choiza, Sixpoint and ZASON called K.O.D. However, they fell apart soon after its formation and they later introduced rapper Curbin and began releasing tracks under the trio group titled CB Mass in 1998.
- As a part of CB Mass, Gaeko lent his voice to the release of the first studio album titled Massmediah on September 6, 2000, under the label Cream. After that, they successfully released 2 other albums Massmatics (2001), and Massappeal (2003).
- In 2003, Gaeko and Choiza left CB Mass after they got to know that the 3rd partner had been siphoning the group’s money. Then, they formed the now hit hip hop group Dynamic Duo the same year.
- On May 17, 2004, Gaeko and Choiza debut with the studio album Taxi Driver. It earned #7 place on the Gaon Album Chart and was also listed at one of the best selling albums of that time.
- Until early 2020, the Dynamic Duo had released 9 other albums. A few which are Enlightened (2007), Last Days (2008), Dynamic Duo 6th Digilog 2/2 (2012), and Lucky Numbers (2013).
- On October 16, 2014, Gaeko released his debut studio album as a solo artist that was titled Redingray. It was ranked at #11 place on the Gaon Album Chart.
- His contribution to the group has helped them earn various awards such as the Asia Artist Award in 2016, Golden Disk Award in 2007, and the Mnet Asian Music Award on 3 different occasions.
- He has collaborated with various artists including rappers Sik-K and Zion.T.
- Gaeko is often said to be the brother of rapper Monster Woo. However, they are not related in any way.
Featured Image By 여니수니 / blog.naver.com / CC BY 2.0 KR