|George Robinson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1997|
George Robinson is an English actor who rose to fame with his role as Isaac Goodwin in S*x Education. With this role, he became the show’s first disabled character.
George Ross Robinson
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
George Robinson studied at Stamford School and participated in school plays. At the age of 19, he returned to finish his secondary education (following his spinal cord injury).
Afterward, he received an unconditional offer to the University of Birmingham where he decided to study Philosophy. However, he had to pause his studies after he was offered a part as a series regular in the 2nd season of the Netflix comedy-drama show S*x Education.
- Father – Simon
- Mother – Gill
- Siblings – Edward “Eddie” (Younger Brother)
- Others – Bobby Ross (Grandfather) (Former professional footballer who played as a midfielder)
George Robinson has been signed with United Agents, Literary and Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
George Robinson Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Maxey, Cambridgeshire.
- He was 13 years old when he became inclined towards the art of acting.
- At the age of 17, George Robinson suffered a severe spinal cord injury on July 27, 2015, while he was on a school rugby tour to South Africa. The accident occurred when he was attempting a tackle while playing against D.F. Malan High School in Bellville near Cape Town.
- Following the accident, he was taken to the intensive care unit at Melomed Bellville Private Hospital and was operated on. He stayed for 37 days before being transported back to England via air ambulance. Then, he spent an additional 5 weeks at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge followed by 10 months in rehabilitation at the Princess Royal Spinal Unit in Sheffield.
- George Robinson is tetraplegic and uses a manual wheelchair.
- A fundraiser #TeamGeorge was raised, the proceeds of which went towards his equipment and long-term care.
- In 2020, he started playing Isaac Goodwin, a disabled boy who lives on the same campsite as Maeve, in the popular comedy-drama streaming television series S*x Education.
- George played the character named Henry Carwardine in the crime drama television series Dalgliesh in 2021.
Featured Image by George Robinson / Instagram