|Adebayo Akinfenwa Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Adebayo Akinfenwa is an English footballer who plays for the team Wycombe Wanderers. He is known for his impressive playing style as a striker, his physical strength, and heavy build. He debuted as a professional with the Doncaster Rovers before he moved to his 7th team, Torquay United. At the time, he was one of the best players and proved to be a goal threat. However, he decided to exit from the club and later joined Swansea City the following season. He spent 2 seasons with the club before joining League One. From there, Akinfenwa spent 6 years moving from Northampton to Gillingham. In June 2014, he had first signed to League Two side AFC Wimbledon before officially joining the Wanderers.
Saheed Adebayo Akinfenwa
Islington, England, United Kingdom
Adebayo Akinfenwa is represented by his team Wycombe Wanderers.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
112 kg or 247 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Round Face
- Thick Lips
Adebayo Akinfenwa Favorite Things
- Football Club – Liverpool
- Football Player – John Barnes
Source – Wikipedia
Adebayo Akinfenwa Facts
- As a child, he was a big fan of Liverpool and grew up supporting the club.
- He’s well known for being ranked as the strongest footballer in the world in several editions of the FIFA videogame series. In September 2014, he was invited to the launch party of FIFA 15 alongside celebrities and premier league players like Rio Ferdinand, George Groves, and Lethal Bizzle.
- He runs a clothing label called Beast Mode on, which reportedly mirrors Akinfenwa’s strong man reputation.
- As a teenager, Akinfenwa joined the Lithuanian club FK Atlantas. However, he received backlash and racial abuse from fans in the country. After spending 2 years with the club, he decided to return to the UK in 2003 and joined Welsh Premier League champions, Barry Town.
- In October 2003, he joined Boston United and showed an impressive playing style after scoring a last-minute win in his debut match against Swindon Town in the Football League Trophy.
- After exiting from AFC Wimbledon, he signed for the Wanderers for a one-year contract. In May 2019, Wycombe offered him a new contract which he accepted on June 12, 2019.
- In April 2018, Akinfenwa was nominated for the EFL League Two Player of the Season award.
- He has a huge and growing social media fanbase, particularly on Instagram where he has amassed more than 1 million followers.
Featured Image by Rob Crane / Flickr / CC BY 2.0