|George Santos Quick Info
|6 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|July 22, 1988
George Santos is an American politician who was elected to Congress as a member of the Republican Party in 2022 after running unsuccessfully in 2020. With this, he became the first openly LGBT member elected to Congress as a non-incumbent Republican. He also served as the U.S. representative for New York’s 3rd congressional district from January to December 2023.
George Anthony Devolder-Santos
Anthony Devolver, Anthony Zabrovsky, Anthony Devolder, George Devolder-Santos, Anthony Dee, George Devolder, Anthony D. Santos, George A. D. Santos, Kitara Ravache, GADS
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
New York, United States
George Santos studied at Intermediate School 125 (also known as I.S. 125 Thomas J. McCann Woodside Intermediate School) in Woodside, Queens as well as attended Primary School 122 (also known as P.S.122 The Mamie Fay School) in Astoria. He has a GED (Certificate of High School Equivalency).
- Father – Gercino Antônio dos Santos Jr. (known as Junior) (House Painter)
- Mother – Fátima Aziza Caruso Horta Devolder (Has worked as a housekeeper, cook, and nanny)
- Siblings – Tiffany (Younger Sister)
- Others – Paulo Horta Devolder (Maternal Grandfather), Rosalina Caruso Horta Devolder (Maternal Grandmother)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
George Santos has dated –
- Uadla Vieira (2012-2019) – He was married to a woman named Uadla Vieira from 2012 to 2019. He married her despite being previously out as gay and then started living with men he was involved with from 2013 on. He stated in October 2022: “I am openly gay, have never had an issue with my sexual identity in the past decade”. Afterward, he said in an interview: “I did marry young, and I married a young woman at the time, and we pretty much were in love”. It has been made clear that friends, former coworkers, and roommates that Santos has had throughout his adult life were never kept in doubt about his sexuality. When he told his coworkers at Dish about his marriage in 2012, they speculated perhaps George Santos needed it to access the familial wealth he claimed, to appease his family’s concerns about his sexuality, or that it was for immigration purposes.
Until it was reported in December 2022, Santos had not widely acknowledged his marriage and then told the New York Post, “I dated women in the past. I married a woman”, adding that he was “OK with my sexuality. People change.” Reportedly, the marriage faced issues and there was a filing to dissolve the marriage in May 2013. Regardless, he went on to file a family-based immigration petition on his wife’s behalf which was approved in July 2014. This was typically seen as a sign that the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services believed the marriage was valid and it has been speculated that the marriage was purely for immigration purposes and Santos was paid $20,000 for it. Although Santos has denied the allegations, three of his former roommates have confirmed it as per the Washington Post.
- Matheus Gerard – George Santos revealed that he was living with Matheus Gerard in 2020 and subsequently called him his husband. He has said that the duo married in November 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White, Black, and Latino)
George Santos is of Brazilian (Portuguese, Flemish Belgian, Italian, and African) descent.
George Santos Facts
- In 1985, his mother immigrated to Florida as a migrant worker to pick beans.
- His father wanted him to follow in his footsteps and become a house painter because of his steady income.
- On December 1, 2023, George Santos was expelled from Congress and became the 6th expulsion in the history of the House as well as the first Republican representative to be expelled from the House and the first representative expelled without first being convicted of a federal crime or having supported the Confederate States of America.
Featured Image by U.S. House Office of Photography / santos.house.gov / Public Domain