|Germán Garmendia Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1990|
|Girlfriend||Lenay Chantelle Olsen|
German Garmendia, the Chilean YouTuber is the recipient of 2 Diamond Play Buttons from YouTube for gaining more than 10 million subscribers on each channel. He has lent his voice to the Spanish version of Ice Age: Collision Course.
Germán Alejandro Garmendia Aranis
Los Angeles, California, United States
German Garmendia went to the El Chañar Basic School. He later got enrolled at the Escuela Técnico Profesional (ETP) and graduated in 2004.
YouTuber, Comedian, Musician, Singer, Writer
- Father – Germán Luis Garmendia Macías
- Mother – Cecilia del Carmen Aranis Mancilla
- Siblings – Diego Garmendia (Older Brother)
German Garmendia is represented by William Morris Endeavor.
Alternative Pop, Rock
His music band Ancud has released most of their music on their own via iTunes.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
German Garmendia has dated –
- Allison Smith (2014) – German and Allison Smith’s relationship was confirmed in February 2014 by German himself in a YouTube video. Allison was also seen in his numerous videos and they were often spotted hanging out together. However, the rumors of them dating had been circulating since 2013 but they maintained that they were merely good friends at that time. By the end of 2014, their relationship was on the verge of dissolution. Allison was ceaselessly targeted by his fans on the social media for breaking up with German. However, in March 2015, German decided to defend his former girlfriend and asked his fans to respect her.
- Lenay Chantelle Olsen (2015-Present) – The rumors of German dating fellow YouTuber and TV actress Lenay Chantelle Olsen started circulating in the early months of 2015. After getting tired of the continuous gossip about his relationship, he finally confirmed his new relationship in a video posted on his official YouTube channel in May 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Chilean ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blue’ or ‘green’.
- Prominent nose
- Good looks
German Garmendia has monetized his strong social media presence. He often uses his social media activity such as videos and posts to plug numerous products and brands.
He hasn’t spoken about his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- His YouTube channel HolaSoyGerman that has more than 33 million subscribers and JuegaGerman that has more than 23 million subscribers. His videos have managed to garner more than 9 billion views.
- Having a strong presence on other social media platforms as well. He has more than 11 million followers on Twitter and more than 8 million followers on Instagram.
As a Singer
German is the frontman of the alternative rock band Ancud that was formed in 2015. The band has evolved from Zudex, which he had formed at the age of 13. After 2 members of the band left, he and his older brother Diego decided to rebrand it as Ancud. Their first music release was EP, Así es normal, which had 4 singles and was released in April 2016.
He hasn’t made his theatrical film debut yet.
First TV Show
German hasn’t appeared on any TV show till date.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Germán Garmendia Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Germán Garmendia Facts
- He started his YouTube journey in 2011 by posting his first video on the insistence of his close friends.
- In 2015 as well as 2014, he managed to win the title of “Icon of the Year” at the MTV Millennial Awards.
- In January 2018, his channel was the 3rd most subscribed YouTube channel after Justin Bieber and PewDiePie.
- When he was 3 years old, his father died in a car crash and he was raised by his mother.
- He holds the distinction of being the 1st YouTuber to achieve 2 Diamond Play Buttons (given to channels that pass 10,000,000 subscribers) for his 2 channels.
- In 2013, a YouTuber known as LordDestroyer uploaded a video in which he accused German of using bot websites to boost his subscribers. German filed a copyright claim against LordDestroyer due to which he had to delete the video. Also, the virulent hate from German’s fans forced him to delete his channel as well.
- In April 2014, he was scheduled to make an appearance at the Telmex Digital Village in Mexico City. However, the event had to be canceled as an unexpected number of attendees turned up, which led to many fainting due to heat exposure. Also, 10 people were injured as light equipment fell due to the unruly crowd.
- In May 2016, German published his memoirs titled as #Chupaelperro.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube (JuegaGerman), and YouTube (HolaSoyGerman).
Featured Image by Germán Garmendia / Instagram