|Giancarlo Fisichella Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 14, 1973|
Giancarlo Fisichella is an Italian professional racing driver who competed in the premier Formula One World Championship from 1996 to 2009. He contributed a win each to Renault‘s successive Constructors’ title triumphs, in 2005 and 2006, in partnership with Fernando Alonso. Before joining F1, he had won the Italian Formula Three championship and the Grand Prix de Monaco F3 in 1994. He had also stood 3rd and 2nd in those two competitions respectively, in the preceding year. At the fag end of his F1 career, he served Ferrari as a test driver from 2010 to 2012. It was at this time that he started to compete and excel in endurance events such as 24 Hours of Le Mans, Le Mans Series, and the FIA World Endurance Championship. He stood 2nd at the 2010 Le Mans Series and won the championship in 2011. Giancarlo won the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race in 2012 and 2014 and finished 2nd in 2011, 2016, and 2018. He also won the FIA World Endurance Championship in 2012 and stood 2nd in 2013.
Fisico, Giano, Fisi
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Roberto Fisichella
Formula One Teams
Giancarlo has raced for –
- Minardi (1995) (Test Driver)
- Team Minardi (1996)
- Benson & Hedges Jordan Peugeot (1997)
- Mild Seven Benetton Playlife (1998-2000)
- Mild Seven Benetton Renault (2001)
- DHL Jordan Honda (2002)
- B&H Jordan Ford (2003)
- Sauber Petronas (2004)
- Mild Seven Renault F1 Team (2005-2006)
- ING Renault F1 Team (2007)
- Force India F1 Team (2008-2009)
- Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro (2009)
- Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro (2010) (Test Driver)
- Scuderia Ferrari (2011-2012) (Test Driver)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Giancarlo has dated –
- Luna Castellani (1997-Present) – Giancarlo began dating Italian model Luna Castellani in 1997 and after more than a decade of courtship, they tied the knot on October 10, 2009. They have 3 children together – a son named Christopher Fisichella and 2 daughters named Carlotta Fisichella and Carolina Fisichella.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Toned physique
- Tousled hair
- Often sports a rugged beard
- Has a mole on his neck
- Affable smile
Giancarlo has been sponsored by –
- Kaspersky Lab
- Gruppo Ecoliri Spa
- NGK spark plugs
- AV Helmets Design
- TV 8
Giancarlo Fisichella Facts
- Like most professional drivers, Giancarlo too had started his career with kart racing and used to practice at the Guidonia kart circuit in Rome.
- He won 3 races in his F1 career and the first of those came in rather farcical circumstances. The 2003 Brazilian Grand Prix had to be abandoned with 15 laps remaining as 2 crashes had blocked the race track. Giancarlo was initially awarded 2nd place but after several days of confusion regarding rules and technicalities, after an appeal was raised by some teams, it was revealed that it was Giancarlo who was ahead when the race was being called off. He was awarded the win a week later and presented the race trophy in an unofficial ceremony at the subsequent F1 race event.
- Giancarlo is a staunch supporter of the Italian Serie A club AS Roma.
- He played a cameo role in the 2019 comedy-drama film The Art of Racing in the Rain.
Featured Image by Giancarlo Fisichella / Instagram