|Gil Ofarim Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 13, 1982|
Gil Ofarim is a German singer, songwriter, and actor who had come to prominence in November 1997 when his debut single titled Round ‘n’ Round (It Goes) had become a ‘Top-40’ hit in Germany. His debut solo studio album titled Here I Am (May 1998) had then given him international recognition. He has gone on to release a few other solo albums such as The Album (2000), On My Own (2003), and Alles auf Hoffnung (2020). He has served as the lead singer of the rock band Zoo Army (2005-Present) with whom he has released the album 507 (2006). In 2008, he had formed another rock band called Acht with whom he had published an album called Stell dir vor (2010). In parallel with his music career, he has acted in several films such as Endlich S*x! (2004), Sturmflut (2006), and Strip Mind (2007).
Gil Doron Reichstadt Ofarim
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Abi Ofarim (né Avraham Reichstadt) (Musician, Dancer) (d. May 4, 2018)
- Mother – Sandra (Sandy) Reichstadt
- Siblings – Tal Ofarim (Younger Brother) (Musician)
- Others – Tanja Brock (Ex-Sister-in-Law)
He is represented by Yvonne Probst, Yvonne Probst Management & Booking, Bremen, Germany.
Pop, Pop Rock, Adult Contemporary
Electrical Guitar, Vocals
- Bertelsmann Music Group (BMG)
- Neotone Records
- RCA Local
- Ariola Records
- We Love Music
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gil has dated –
- Verena Brock (2014–2018) – Gil had married his long-term partner Verena Brock on December 15, 2014. They have 2 children together – a son named Leonard (Leo) Dean Ofarim (b. March 6, 2015) and a daughter named Anouk Marie Ofarim (b. January 30, 2017). The couple had parted ways in late 2018 after which Gil was given full custody of both the children.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a rugged beard
- Has an image of ‘Lord Ganesha’ tattooed on his left arm
Gil Ofarim Facts
- Gil’s breakthrough in the entertainment industry was by accident. In May 1997, he was spotted by a talent scout in a Munich underground station who used to work for Bravo, the largest German-language teen magazine at that time, and had subsequently done a story on Gil. The article went on to receive a lot of positive feedback from readers which eventually landed him a contract with the record label BMG.
- The popularity of a single titled The Reason from his 3rd album titled On My Own (2003) had helped him get a stint as the opening act of the American rock band Bon Jovi on the German leg of their Bounce Tour.
- A polyglot, he is fluent in German, Hebrew, and English. He has recorded tracks in both German and English.
- In 2007, a newly identified species of moth was named Amata gil after him. The moth, belonging to the Amata genus, was found in the Golan Heights, a region that was captured by Israel from Syria in the 1967 Six-Day War.
- In 2008, Disney had consulted him to record the German version of the song So Close from their musical fantasy film Enchanted (2007).
Featured Image by Gil Ofarim / Instagram