John Francis Bongiovi, Jr.
Captain Kidd, Johnny
Perth Amboy, New Jersey, U.S.
Jon went to St. Joseph High School in Metuchen, New Jersey for freshman and sophomore years and Sayreville War Memorial High School in Parlin, New Jersey for junior and senior years.
In 2001, Bon Jovi received an honorary Doctorate of Humanities from Monmouth University.
Singer-songwriter, actor, philanthropist
- Father – John Francis Bongiovi, Sr. (Barber)
- Mother – Carol Sharkey (Playboy Bunny turned florist )
- Siblings – Anthony (Brother), Matthew (Brother)
- Others – Tony Bongiovi (Cousin) (Record Producer, Recording Engineer), Louis Bongiovi (Paternal Grandfather) (Was Italian), Elizabeth M. Benkovsky (Paternal Grandmother) (Was Slovak), Michael R. Sharkey (Maternal Grandfather) (Was Polish), Martha W. Ludwig (Maternal Grandmother) (Was Swiss-German)
Hard rock, glam metal, country rock, heavy metal
Vocals, guitar, piano, harmonica
Island Records, Mercury Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jon Bon Jovi dated –
- Diane Lane (1984) – In 1984, he briefly dated actress Diane Lane. He even wrote the song “You Give Love A Bad Name” about his relationship.
- Lita Ford (1984) – In the same year (i.e. 1984), he had a fling with fellow musician Lita Ford.
- Dorothea Hurley (1988-Present) – On April 29, 1988, Jon Bon Jovi married his high school sweetheart, Dorothea Hurley at Graceland Wedding Chapel, Las Vegas, Nevada. The couple has 4 children, daughter Stephanie Rose (b. May 31, 1993), and three sons Jacob Hurley (b. May 7, 2002), Jesse James Louis (b. February 19, 1995), and Romeo Jon (b. March 29, 2004).
- Cindy Crawford (1995) – In 1995, model Cindy Crawford appeared in Bon Jovi’s music video “Please, Come Home For Christmas.” It was thought by everyone that they are dating.
- Calista Flockhart (2002) – In 2002, he was romantically linked with actress Calista Flockhart. They also appeared together on legal comedy-drama series Ally McBeal for a short time in 2002.
- Helena Christensen (2005) – Danish fashion model and photographer, Helena Christensen and Bon Jovi dated briefly each other in 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
Jon has Italian and Slovak ancestry on his dad’s side while he is of Russian and German descent on his mom’s side.
- Distinctive voice
- Often wears sunglasses
- Onstage dance moves
Jon Bon Jovi’s plausible measurements are –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
His shoe size is not known. But as per his fans, it is 11 (US).
Bon Jovi appeared in lot many commercials such as American Red Cross (PSA) (2001), RAD (Rock Against Drugs) (PSA) (1987), AFL on NBC (2004), Duracell batteries (2004), Advil pain relief medicine (2011), Avon, John Elway NBC, etc.
He was raised Catholic.
Best Known For
Being the founder and frontman of the rock band Bon Jovi, which he created in 1983.
His debut album was Bon Jovi which he released as a part of the rock band Bon Jovi on January 21, 1984 via Mercury Records. It peaked at #43 on Billboard 200 and #71 in UK. Consequently, it was certified as “Platinum” in U.S. They managed to sell approximately 3,500,000 copies of the album worldwide. It has 9 songs in the standard edition of the album.
Jon Bon Jovi’s debut solo album was released as Blaze of Glory on July 26, 1990 via Mercury Records.
In 1990, Jon Bon Jovi appeared in western film Young Guns II for his minor role, which was uncredited.
He has appeared in over dozen films until now.
First TV Show
In 1999, Bon Jovi was seen in just 1 episode of HBO’s romantic sitcom Sex and the City as Seth.
His secret to staying healthy and looking awesome is due to good genes, some running and also traveling light. Yes, he is a low maintenance guy and so brings a small bag with him wherever he goes.
He runs like an old man. So, no one recognizes or spots him. This is what he has been doing in his 50s.
Jon Bon Jovi Favorite Things
- Songs – Ruby (By The Kaiser Chiefs), Overnight Sensation (By The Raspberries) and many more…
- Movie – The Godfather (1972)
Source – IMDb
Jon Bon Jovi Facts
- Bon Jovi is related to singer Frank Sinatra.
- Bon Jovi used to sell newspapers with his grandparents in summers in Erie, Pennsylvania.
- During his school days, he used to skip school to perform in music bands. Consequently, he got poor grades.
- Jon started playing in clubs by the time he was 16.
- Jon supported Barack Obama during the 2008 Presidential candidature.
- In 2006, Bon Jovi founded The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation.
- Bon Jovi also founded and wholly owned the Philadelphia Soul team of the Arena Football League in 2004. He sold it in 2011 to Ron Jaworski.
- Rock band Bon Jovi became the first rock band to have its song at #1 spot on the country charts in 2006.
- Connect with Jon on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, and Google+.
- Visit his official website @ www.bonjovi.com.