|Jon Bon Jovi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1962|
Jon Bon Jovi is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist, and actor who is best known as the founder and frontman of the rock band Bon Jovi. Formed in 1983, the band has released multiple albums including Bon Jovi, These Days, Crush, 7800° Fahrenheit, What About Now, 2020, Slippery When Wet, Keep the Faith, Have a Nice Day, New Jersey, This House Is Not for Sale, Bounce, Lost Highway, Burning Bridges, and The Circle. Moreover, he has also been cast in many films and shows such as National Lampoon’s Pucked, Destination Anywhere: The Film, Little City, New Year’s Eve, 30 Rock, Vampires: Los Muertos, No Looking Back, Pay It Forward, The West Wing, and Ally McBeal. People magazine named Jon Bon Jovi one of the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” in 1996 while he was ranked at number #50 on the list of Billboard magazine’s “Power 100”, a ranking of “The Most Powerful and Influential People in the Music Business”, in 2012.
John Francis Bongiovi, Jr.
Captain Kidd, Johnny
Perth Amboy, New Jersey, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Jon went to St. Joseph High School in Metuchen, New Jersey for freshman and sophomore years and Sayreville War Memorial High School in Parlin, New Jersey for junior and senior years.
In 2001, Bon Jovi received an honorary Doctorate of Humanities from Monmouth University.
Singer-songwriter, actor, philanthropist
- Father – John Francis Bongiovi, Sr. (Barber)
- Mother – Carol Sharkey (Playboy Bunny turned florist)
- Siblings – Anthony (Brother), Matthew (Brother)
- Others – Tony Bongiovi (Cousin) (Record Producer, Recording Engineer), Louis Bongiovi (Paternal Grandfather) (Was Italian), Elizabeth M. Benkovsky (Paternal Grandmother) (Was Slovak), Michael R. Sharkey (Maternal Grandfather) (Was Polish), Martha W. Ludwig (Maternal Grandmother) (Was Swiss-German)
Jon Bon Jovi has been signed with The Outside Organisation, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Hard rock, glam metal, country rock, heavy metal
Vocals, guitar, piano, harmonica
Island Records, Mercury Records
His net worth had been $410 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
77 kg or 170 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jon Bon Jovi has dated –
- Diane Lane (1984) – In 1984, he briefly dated actor Diane Lane. He even wrote the song “You Give Love A Bad Name” about his relationship.
- Lita Ford (1984) – In the same year (i.e. 1984), he had a fling with fellow musician Lita Ford.
- Dorothea Hurley (1988-Present) – On April 29, 1988, Jon Bon Jovi married his high school sweetheart Dorothea Hurley at Graceland Wedding Chapel, Las Vegas, Nevada. The couple has 4 children, daughter Stephanie Rose (b. May 31, 1993), and three sons Jacob Hurley (b. May 7, 2002), Jesse James Louis (b. February 19, 1995), and Romeo Jon (b. March 29, 2004).
- Cindy Crawford (1995) – In 1995, model Cindy Crawford appeared in Bon Jovi’s music video “Please, Come Home For Christmas.” It was thought by everyone that they are dating.
- Calista Flockhart (2002) – In 2002, he was romantically linked with actor Calista Flockhart. They also appeared together on the legal comedy-drama series Ally McBeal for a short time in 2002.
- Helena Christensen (2005) – Danish fashion model and photographer Helena Christensen and Bon Jovi dated briefly each other in 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
Jon has Italian and Slovak ancestry on his dad’s side while he is of Russian and German descent on his mom’s side.
- Distinctive voice
- Often wears sunglasses
- Onstage dance moves
According to his fans, his shoe size is 11 (US).
Bon Jovi appeared in many commercials such as American Red Cross (PSA) (2001), RAD (Rock Against Drugs) (PSA) (1987), AFL on NBC (2004), Duracell batteries (2004), Advil pain relief medicine (2011), Avon, John Elway NBC, etc.
He was raised Catholic.
Best Known For
Being the founder and frontman of the rock band Bon Jovi, which he created in 1983.
His debut album was Bon Jovi which he released as a part of the rock band Bon Jovi on January 21, 1984, via Mercury Records. It peaked at #43 on Billboard 200 and #71 in the UK. Consequently, it was certified as “Platinum” in the U.S. They managed to sell approximately 3,500,000 copies of the album worldwide. It has 9 songs in the standard edition of the album.
Jon Bon Jovi’s debut solo album was released as Blaze of Glory on July 26, 1990, via Mercury Records.
In 1990, Jon Bon Jovi appeared in the western film Young Guns II for his minor role, which was uncredited.
He has appeared in over dozen films until now.
First TV Show
In 1999, Bon Jovi was seen in just 1 episode of HBO’s romantic sitcom Sex and the City as Seth.
His secret to staying healthy and looking awesome is due to good genes, some running, and also traveling light. Yes, he is a low-maintenance guy and so brings a small bag with him wherever he goes.
He runs like an old man. So, no one recognizes or spots him. This is what he has been doing in his 50s.
Jon Bon Jovi Favorite Things
- Songs – Ruby (By The Kaiser Chiefs), Overnight Sensation (By The Raspberries), and many more…
- Movie – The Godfather (1972)
Source – IMDb
Jon Bon Jovi Facts
- Bon Jovi is related to singer Frank Sinatra.
- Bon Jovi used to sell newspapers with his grandparents in summers in Erie, Pennsylvania.
- During his school days, he used to skip school to perform in music bands. Consequently, he got poor grades.
- Jon started playing in clubs by the time he was 16.
- On June 16, 1997, he released his 2nd solo studio album Destination Anywhere and it included songs like Queen of New Orleans, Ugly, Naked, Cold Hard Heart, Little City, Midnight in Chelsea, Learning How to Fall, and Janie, Don’t Take Your Love to Town. AllMusic critic Stephen Thomas Erlewine described it as “a fine example of late-’90s mainstream pop” and “a breakthrough for Bon Jovi, because it is the first time he sounds like he’s come to terms with adulthood.”
- He brought to life the character of Victor Morrison in the Fox legal comedy-drama series Ally McBeal in 2002.
- Jon supported Barack Obama during the 2008 Presidential candidature.
- In 2006, Bon Jovi founded The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation.
- Bon Jovi also founded and wholly owned the Philadelphia Soul team of the Arena Football League in 2004. He sold it in 2011 to Ron Jaworski.
- Rock band Bon Jovi became the first rock band to have its song at the #1 spot on the country charts in 2006.
- In October 2021, it was revealed that Jon Bon Jovi had been tested positive for COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated.